Loughborough comes top 10 in The Good University Guide

We’re also runner up for University of the Year

Loughborough has been awarded the title of the 7th best University in the UK by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, the highest score we've ever been given by The Times.

This is a rise of four places compared to 2017. Luff is also the highest scoring University in the East Midlands as well, beating the University of Nottingham who were 18th.

Loughborough University is also runner up for University of the Year, just losing to Lancaster University that has been awarded the title. The university also came top in building, communications and media studies, and librarianship and information management.

The uni has scored highly in both the National Student Survey and Student Experience, scoring 84.4 per cent and 86.9 per cent respectively, which has helped Luff gain a top 10 position.

Loughborough has come along way with league tables over the past few years. Just four years ago Loughborough wasn't in the top 20, but changes to student satisfaction and the excellent graduate prospects has led the University to soar in league tables. Luff has also seen a 5 per cent increase in applications in 2017 due to its growing success.

Despite being well known for its sporting abilities with many GB athletes attending the Uni, Loughborough also has a strong academic reputation, too. Loughborough climbed three places in the QS World Rankings this year after three-quarters of its research was judged as world-leading or internationally excellent.

Commenting on Loughborough's position as runner up for University of the Year, Alastair McCall, editor of The Sunday Times Good University Guide, said "Loughborough students are used to standing on podiums. The university is no different. Since the University of the Year awards were introduced no university has been shortlisted more for the main University of the Year prize."

He also added, "Loughborough students are used to standing on podiums. The university is no different. Since the University of the Year awards were introduced no university has been shortlisted more for the main University of the Year prize. Alongside Loughborough's runner-up placing this year, it has been shortlisted on five further occasions and won the title outright in 2008."