More calming measures: Street Marshals to keep the noise down

Council gets even tougher on us having a good time

anti-social behavior Loughborough noise street marshals

Council bores are enlisting the help of street marshals to keep us all in check.

The scheme will use trained staff to work with police. They will patrol the streets between 11:00pm and 04:00am.

The scheme has been used in Leamington Spa to check up on Warwick students, costing the uni £50,000.

The Epinal spoke to Fi Smart, a student from the University of Warwick. She said: “From a student perspective its a real dampener on a night out.

“Nights out are your time to be rowdy without (knowledge of) judgement, but with street marshals there was the vibe of being only out with computer science students.”

Following the suspension of one student and the persistence of anti-social behavior in the town, the council plans to enforce even more controls on noisy students.

The current measures spoiling our fun include: alcohol free zones, breathalysing, community wardens, regular police patrols, as well as a big yellow sign.

Chief operating officer for the uni, Richard Taylor was forced to comment once more on community troubles.

He said: “Some of the behavior we have heard about is not acceptable.

“We are not complacent. There are significant problems we need to resolve and we are committed to reduce those.

“If street marshals is the answer we need to be realistic about what it will achieve.”

The town-gown relationship is wearing thin