Iconic Camden venue KOKO is set to reopen in spring 2022

Finally we can go on a Friday night out to Antics at KOKO

It’s official, KOKO is finally set to reopen its doors in spring 2022. The long-awaited reopening comes following the venue’s closure in 2019.

The venue, which has a rich history and hosted many famous artists over the years, had previously closed in 2019 so that refurbishments could take place, which were meant to last until spring 2020. The refurbishments were set to create “new performance areas, a radio station, broadcast studio, restaurants and shops”, costing £40 million, whilst still maintaining the venue’s intimate capacity of 1,500 people.

However, at the start of 2020 KOKO was engulfed in flames, which originated from the roof of the venue. This, along with the pandemic, has meant that the reopening of KOKO has been significantly delayed.

But fortunately, Nick Lewis, Head of Music, stated that the venue is planning to reopen in spring 2022. The LinkedIn announcement states the following:

“Delighted to announce I’ve joined the team at KOKO, london as their new Head of Music.

“KOKO will re open next spring as a state of the art venue and broadcast studio with a new acoustic venue, penthouse, roof terrace, radio station, Dome cocktail bar and members area with the mission to support the future of music and independent artists!

“It’s a hugely exciting challenge and am massively grateful for everyone’s support.

“I look forward to welcoming musicians, industry colleagues and friends to the venue. Now the hard work begins.”

Looks like we can all look forward to returning to KOKO next year for a good night out. If, like many students, you are itching to go on a London night out, or want to mentally prepare yourself for what is to come, check out 22 things that are guaranteed to happen on every London night out.