The results are in: These are the 10 bougiest student houses in Leeds

Who doesn’t want a roof terrace?

There’s a lot of student housing in Leeds, predominately in Hyde Park and Headingley (if you’re living in Woodhouse or Burley, better luck next year). However, the majority of these properties are in fact housing more living things than just students (yes, I’m talking about the rat in your kitchen cupboard and the extensive mould in your bathroom).

But what about those living in luxury? The Tab Leeds has completed research into the best student houses in Leeds to show you how the other half live. Here’s our top 10:

Kirkstall Lane, Headingley – £188 per week, two bed

At a whopping £188 a week, this penthouse could force you to never go out again. However, at least the dining table can fit ten guests so you can host at yours.  It has views of the Yorkshire Dales and the incredible Leeds sunsets we all know and love, as well as a communal garden.

The building was originally constructed in 1860 by Thomas Richards Harding, before the penthouse/tower section was designed and rebuilt by Tom Bestwick and Nik Powis over the last couple of years. It’s now available on Rightmove.

The apartment comes with all the tech you could want: a 50″ smart TV, 100″ projector and dimmable feature lighting. My personal favourite aspect is the built-in wine rack; although the hot-tub comes a close second. There’s also eaves storage for all those coats you’ll need to bring with you if you’re from the south. To top it off, the property even has electric front gates and parking.

Are we sure this isn’t the set of Harry Potter? Image credit: Nik Powis

Image credit: Nik Powis

Image credit: Nik Powis

Image credit: Nik Powis

Am I in Paris? Image credit: Nik Powis

Image credit: Nik Powis

Cardigan Road, Headingley – £118 per week, six bed

This property has a very similar flat below it, so it’s perfect for a group of 12 wanting to split into two groups. It’s also only a five minute walk into the centre of Headingley. The stylish, modern open plan kitchen even features a breakfast bar.

However, what really makes this property stand out is the roof terrace that looks over Headingley Stadium with a retractable canopy. Sign me up!

As a side note, Unipol are some of the most friendly estate agents I’ve ever dealt with.

Image credit: Unipol

Image credit: Unipol

Image credit: Unipol

North Lane, Headingley – £155 per week (bills included), three bed

Ever dreamt of living in a picturesque cottage? Well now’s your chance. Opposite Headingley Taps, this property is in prime position for fans of the Otley Run and has parking. Each room has its own ensuite, so there’ll be no more squabbling over the shower before heading out. There’s also a huge open-plan kitchen featuring a large breakfast bar.

Outside, the cobbled front courtyard resembles Coronation Street and the colourful lighting makes it the perfect place for hosting on summer nights.

Image credit: Unique Leeds (www.uniqueleeds.com)

Grosvenor Road, Headingley – £105 per week, 12 bed

If you’ve managed to make a whopping 12 friends that you can actually bare to live with while at uni, then this is the house for you. Featuring large stained glass windows, a chandelier and a well maintained garden, this mansion in Headingley is a student dream. It even comes with a rave basement for house parties that won’t be interrupted by the police – what more could you want?

Wouldn’t be a student house without a few tinnies on the lawn

Am I back in boarding school?

Don’t lie, you’re jealous they’ve got a basement

Queen Square, City Centre

This (supposedly) £1 million property might not provide the bustling student life of Hyde Park and Headingley, but does that really matter when your kitchen has marble worktops?

The intricately detailed tiles of the hallway welcome you into the entrance hall of property from which you can access the kitchen, which has marble worktops, an oven resembling an AGA (as students, we’ll put up with a knock-off) and a built in microwave. You just have to hope that the gate to the garden will keep out the stray drunks on their way back from Call Lane…

Cliff Road, Hyde Park – £120 per week, two bed

This is the perfect postgrad flat and just a stones throw away from Hyde Park Pub. The property is situated on a quiet road (that some might argue is actually in Woodhouse), but it’s still very close to all the action of Hyde Park.

With a large garden and five car parking spaces (with electric charging ports) shared between the three flats in the building, this is the perfect place for hosting! The huge open plan modern kitchen and recently renovated ensuite bedrooms makes this two bed flat a rare piece of luxury in Hyde Park.

Snowy sunset views

Oh so modern

That sofa looks comfy

Delph Lane, Woodhouse – £135 per week, six bed

This six bed house might only have two bathrooms, but does that matter when it’s got walk-in showers?! This property is incredibly modern, light and clean. The open plan lounge dining room is very sociable and features a huge bay window, so this will never be your classic dark and dingy student accommodation.

Moorland Avenue, Woodhouse – £140 per week, six bed

This flat has six ensuite bedrooms, so you’ll be living stress free. There’s even a sheltered smoking area, parking and an onsite gym for residents.

However, the stand out feature of this property is the combination of modern and industrial design in the open plan living room and kitchen, with an exposed brick wall, leather sofas and a large kitchen island. And yes, the TV comes with the property.

Image credit: Stonehouse Properties

Image credit: Stonehouse Properties

Image credit: Stonehouse Properties

Estcourt Avenue, Headingley – £130 per week, seven bed

This house comes with a cleaner… need I say more? Spread across three floors there are three bathrooms and seven bedrooms. With potentially the largest student house kitchen-diner I’ve ever seen, this property is perfect for hosting.

Image credit: Oasis Properties

Image credit: Oasis Properties

Image credit: Oasis Properties

Headingley Avenue, Headingley – £107 per week (bills included), seven bed

This house, which is situated close to a Sainsbury’s Local and the pubs of Headingley, is a bargain. I could describe the modern kitchen and bright bedrooms, but this property’s selling point is really its rave basement.

While student houses in Notts and Sheffield are known for their basements, they’re few and far between in Leeds. This one even features the dismantled front of a car – forget bringing road signs and cones back from a night out, these guys took it to the next level.

Image credit: Pickard Properties

If you think your house should feature in a second instalment of the bougiest student house guide – DM @TheTab_Leeds on Instagram.