Literally just a round up of the worst housemate horror stories Leeds students have to tell

You don’t want to live with this lot

No fresher gets to choose who they live with. Uni assigns you some flatmates and that's it. They could be anyone, from downright weirdos and creeps, to food theives. These are some of the worst experiences Leeds students have had with their flatmates.

The sexual deviants

"One of my flatmates used to have sex so loud I could hear it in my room down the other end of the corridor, and we would have to turn the tv up to drown her out."

"There was some horror happening on both sides here. My flatmate told me I was a sex addict after I slept with two people on freshers week, so I proceeded to sleep with a litter of people so that they could hear it through the wall."

The gross ones

"My flatmate used to walk around in his boxers 24/7 even though we were evidently uncomfortable, and made his girlfriend do all his washing up for him – we used to know they were fighting cos his stuff was left for days."

"I was woken up at 3:30 one morning by my flat mate stumbling into my room completely naked. Murmuring something about needing a piss, he stood in the middle of my room grabbing his penis. Having been more-than-half asleep prior to this moment, I sprung out of bed and grabbed him before the first drops of piss left his dick and pushed him against the wall and then against my door. I sleep naked so we had a bit of a nude fight club thing going on before I opened the door and shoved him out into the corridor. "

The stupid revenges

"He hid and ate our food, he never did his washing up and once I confronted him about why I had upset him and later that day he mixed my milk carton with sambuca. It took me 3 days to work out what was wrong with my milk."

"My flatmate was an absolute nightmare when it came to picking out specific things, one day she accused me of sabotaging her electrics by apparently switching it off by the electricity box above the door. I denied it as I was nowhere near it, she proceeded to bang on my door and scream on as if it was me. The conclusion was I had to call the manager who then said she overloaded the electrics and tripped it herself."

"My flat mate decided she hated me in the middle of freshers week and made it her mission to seclude me. She'd never tell me if the friendship group we made (different people from different flats) made plans, never invited me to do stuff (but would always invite the other girl in our flat) and then asked the only good friend I'd made in our accommodation to live with them in second year, leaving me with no one to live with."

The utter creeps

"He used to eat his food at two in the morning and would walk back and forth restlessly outside my bedroom door. He would then go and do the same in another annex of the halls that no one had any idea how he got into. "

"Sometimes if you were chatting in the corridor, he would open his door and just stare at you. Other times he would sit right behind you in the common room not saying anything and eating his food in the darkness. He would only ever come out of his room at night."

And so many bodily fluids

"We went to the local offie to restock and on the way home we walked past the laundry block, when he let us all know that he needed to use the toilet. Instead of waiting the two minutes until we were back at the flat he went into the block, found a bin, and proceeded to relieve himself there and then, in full view of everyone."

"Instead of waiting to the bathroom to free up, he opened the window, pulled up a chair and turned himself momentarily into three-story-human-waterfall."

"He dropped out after changing degree programme twice, before moving out for good just before Christmas. We found drinks bottles full of piss in his room when he left. Lots."

"Numerous times I walked in to the bathroom to find unflushed turds and stuff. One time there was also a used tampon just sitting on the top of the toilet."

"One of my flatmates used to pee with the door wide open constantly and it was so disgusting you could hear him on the other floors."