It’s behind you! Here’s your annual panto roundup for in and around Lancs

Roll up your sleeves and get your singalong voices ready!

Mariah Carey has defrosted and 2023’s Christmas season is officially here so ‘tis the season for DIY flat decorations, Greggs’ festive menu and ice skating all round! But one event we’re especially excited for is the annual line up of pantomimes, many of which are already underway for this year. Not sure which fairytale to witness this year? Don’t worry, because we’ve rounded up some of the best pantomimes making their way to Lancaster and its surrounding areas this Christmas!

Oh yes it is time to get your fill of parody songs, classic catchphrases and the terrifying audience participation segments with these spectacular performances!

Sleeping Beauty – The Lancaster Grand

Head to The Lancaster Grand at St Leonard’s Gate for a musical retelling of Sleeping Beauty. Performances are scheduled at 2.30pm or 7.30pm on select dates from 8th December – 30th December, with tickets selling at £11.50 for standard tickets or £10.50 for concession and children’s tickets. Seats can be booked online here.

Rapunzel (Adult Panto) – The Lancaster Grand

The Lancaster Grand promises “crazy Christmas chaos” with an adult’s only performance of Rapunzel on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 2nd December – 23rd December at 8pm. Tickets can be bought online here for £22.

Beauty and the Beast – The Globe Theatre, Blackpool

If you’re up for a bit more of a trip, Blackpool’s Globe Theatre is putting on a production of Beauty and the Beast, with the show running until 20th December at varying times throughout the day. Tickets can be booked here and range from £10 – £22.

Beauty and the Beast – Blackburn Empire Theatre 

Blackburn Empire Theatre is also bringing Beauty and the Beast to life from 25th November – 31st December, with a BSL / Relaxed Performance on 10th Sunday 10th December 5.30pm. Tickets cost between £13 and £19 and can be bought here.

Jack and the Beanstalk – Opera House Manchester

If you’re planning a day trip to Manchester Christmas Markets, why not book in to see Jack in the Beanstalk on the same day? The Opera House’s show stars West-End performers Samara Casteallo and Emma Williams, comedian and presenter Jason Manford and Myra DuBois! Book tickets for Opera House Manchester here! Tickets are selling from £13 with dates available from 3rd December – 31st December.

Jack and the Beanstalk – The Lowther Pavilion, Lytham St Anne’s

The Lowther Pavilion is also showing Jack and the Beanstalk from 4th December – 2nd January 2024. Tickets are capped at £19, and are available here.

Aladdin – The Grand Theatre, Blackpool

Scheduled from 1st December to 1st January, tickets cost between £15 and £24 for The Grand Theatre’s Aladdin with booking available here! This performance has been named Blackpool’s No. 1 pantomime for 2023/2024, and will star TV soap actor Tom Lister and Britain’s Got Talent finalist Steve Royle.

Featured images via @grandtheatrebpl @blackburnempire and @lancastergrand on Instagram.

Related articles recommended by this writer: