Here’s a rundown of the best Halloween events in Exeter this October

From Timepiece to pumpkin patches

With Halloween fast approaching, it’s time to fill your calendar with all of the spooky events and activities Exeter has to offer. Classed as one of the top 10 most haunted universities in the UK , naturally, this makes Exeter a perfect place to spend your Halloween. So, if you’re looking for a spooktacular way to celebrate this year, here’s a rundown of some of the ghoulishly great options.

1. Club nights

A classic recommendation is heading to the club – it had to be first. If you are looking to hit the dance floor to showcase your Halloween costume, there are some must-experience clubs. If you are able to secure an elusive ticket from TP, there is The Haunting of Timepiece night. If however, you were unsuccessful, the tried and tested Halloween at Fever night proves to be a classic. This year there’s also Halloween DNB Rave at Move, Carnival of the Dead at Unit 1, and The Asylum at Vaults – take your pick!

2. Exeter’s Underground Passages

For a more immersive spooky experience, from the 26th to 29th of October, you can take a tour of Exeter’s historical underground passages as well as the Ghosts and Legends Walking Tour. They look into the mystery and folklore surrounding Exeter’s past to fully get you in the Halloween mood.

3. Halloween film showings

If you’re a thrill seeking individual looking for a blood pumping, heart-palpitating cinematic experience then look no further, the Odeon is showing Hocus Pocus throughout this Halloween season. There are also showings of The Exorcist, Saw X, Five Night’s At Freddy’s, A Haunting in Venice, and The Nun 2 in Exeter’s the Odeon and Vue cinemas – so make sure you don’t pass this up.

4. The Terrace

Can you really call yourself an Exeter student if you haven’t had a bottomless brunch? The Terrace is hosting their classic bottomless brunch on 28th October: Halloween edition. And if you want to get boozed on a budget, they are also hosting their Halloween “Dress to Kill” events on 27th and 28th October with two for one cocktails from midday till 3am. This is definitely an underrated cocktail spot that is a must-try this Halloween.

5. Pumpkin patch and pumpkin carving

Perhaps the quintessential Halloween activity – you know visiting a pumpkin patch had to make the list. The Student Guild is hosting a pumpkin carving session on 26th of October, hosted at Devonshire house – a perfect chance to put your artistic or not so artistic skills to show. Additionally, there are two adorable pumpkin patches at Pennywell Farm (30 minute drive from Exeter) and the Pumpkin Fest event at Lifton Strawberry Fields (45 minute drive from Exeter). If you visit, these will really get you in that autumnal feeling as well as being the perfect addition to your cosy Insta photo dump.

Related articles recommended by this writer: