Heriot-Watt got Carole Baskin to tell students to vote in the SU elections

‘HEY THERE ALL YOU COOL HERIOT-WATT CATS AND KITTENS, IT’S TIME TO VOTE!’

Heriot-Watt University Students’ Union posted a video on Facebook this morning featuring none other than Tiger King star Carole Baskin telling students to vote in this year’s Student Union elections. Yep, you read that correctly.

In the 30-second clip, Carol says: “Hey all you cool Heriot-Watt cats and kittens! It’s Carole Baskin from Big Cat Rescue. Make time to vote in these elections and choose who will represent you next year. Just take two minutes to check out hwunion.com/vote to find out more and to make your voice heard. Voting is open now. Go go go.”

The Cameo watermark can be seen in the video, suggesting that Heriot-Watt SU spent £224.25 on the request for Carole’s shout-out, according to the rate advertised on the Cameo website.

Carole Baskin is a big cats rights activist who rose to fame last year on the smash-hit Netflix true crime documentary Tiger King. The series featured Carole’s ongoing feuds with private zoo operator Joe Exotic, who is currently serving a 22-year sentence in federal prison. During the series, many conspiracy theories were raised about what happened to Carole’s missing husband, Don Lewis.

‘Hey all you cool Heriot-Watt cats and kittens!’

Carole’s Cameo bio reads: “You know me as ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic’s intended murder victim but my real life’s work has been at Big Cat Rescue for a world where all wild cats live free. Please be a voice for cats: BigCatAct.com.”

What Carole Baskin has to do with Heriot-Watt’s SU elections, we have zero clue. Regardless, her uplifting and enthusiastic delivery of the message will hopefully inspire the students of Heriot-Watt to vote, which is all that really matters at the end of the day. Polls close at 5pm on Thursday 11th March.