Uni of Edi are only offering pre-Christmas Covid tests until the 9th of Dec

That’s 12 days before the end of exams

The University of Edinburgh will only be offering pre-Christmas Covid tests until the 9th of December.

An email from the company Unitemps reveals that Edinburgh Uni is looking for people to help with mass testing  from the 30th of November until the 9th of December.

Edinburgh University will not be asking students to return home before December 21st, which is the end of the term.

The email from Unitemps says: “You will no doubt have heard in the news about the plan to do mass testing of students who are going home from University for Christmas.

“The University of Edinburgh will be setting up two test centres to carry out the tests, to enable all of our students to go home safely.

“We are seeking approximately 50 willing students to work at the test centres either as Registration Assistants or Queue Co-ordinators.

“The testing is running from 30th November to the 9th of December, from 8am – 6pm each day, in 5 hour shifts (including weekends).”

The university told The Tab in a statement: “We are working closely with the Scottish Government and implementing all of its guidance to ensure that our students can travel home safely this winter.

“As part of this, Covid-19 tests will be available on a voluntary basis for students who wish to go home. The logistics of delivering many thousands of tests on campus are complex and we are working on this as priority.

“We are continuing to keep our students informed and will share information on specific arrangements as soon as we can.”

An email from Deputy Secretary Gavin Douglas told students instead of asking them to go home in a certain time frame, the university “will be asking you to let us know shortly if you expect to be on campus over Christmas, and if not, when you expect to travel.”

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Ryanair to resume flights from Edi to London to help students get home for Christmas

Students in Scotland will be offered Covid tests before they go home for Christmas

Edinburgh is to remain in Level 3 coronavirus restrictions confirms Nicola Sturgeon