We asked you who you’re voting for

Today’s the day

After hearing 27 per cent of Edinburgh students plan on voting for the Greens, we went to the library to ask you who you’re voting for.

Frank

4th Year, Classics

“I’m still undecided because looking at the polls it looks like it’s going to be a hung parliament so I don’t know whether the parties can actually carry out their policies without being influenced by others.”

Chloe

1st Year, Psychology

“Labour, I think they are the most trustworthy and they look out for the whole society more than the Tories.”

Rory

4th Year, History and Politics

“I’m voting for the Conservatives mainly because the alternative is Labour and their plan to reverse economic policies that have been proven to work doesn’t make sense.”

Kirsty

1st Year, Biology

“SNP for me. They represent Scotland better than anyone else and they’re anti-austerity which is something I agree with.”

Paddy

2nd Year, Chemical Engineering

“I’m voting for the SNP because Labour have taken their seats in Scotland for granted. Scottish Labour are a joke and the SNP deserve a chance to stand up for Scotland.”

Emily

PhD student, Architecture

“Well, I don’t like Ed Miliband because he has bad grammar and I think he doesn’t have a very good grasp of his own policies, and I don’t like the Tory stance on student immigration so I guess I’ll vote Lib Dem for their centrist views.”

Peter

4th Year, Ecological and Environmental Science

“I’m voting Tory. They’ve proven to be the best at managing the economy and I think our generation will have better job prospects under their government.”

Samantha

2nd Year, Philosophy

“Greens, because they’re serious about climate change. And they don’t like Trident, and no one likes Trident.”

Greg

2nd Year, Political and Social Economic History

“Lib Dem for their progressive policies that will be good for the country.”

Who will you vote for?