Revision music: the perfect soundtrack to your essay season

You’re welcome

Creating the perfect revision playlist is one of the best ways to procrastinate.

In order to supplement your finely crafted tunes, we’ve identified the perfect songs for critical moments in your revision process.

We’ve all been there

To Psyche Yourself Up

Eminem, Nate Dogg- ‘Til I Collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xXYeNrW9k

This is to listen to as you march to the library.

Eminem’s brutal delivery combined with the caffeine from your Starbucks will result in a concentration level so high that you could probably write a PHD thesis in 40 minutes.

And lyrics like: “I got a list, here’s the order of my list that it’s in” remind you that it is important to plan your work.

On the verge of a breakdown

Ludivico Einaudi- I Giorni

Classical music for non-fans of classical music.

The dreaminess of this ubiquitous song ensures that once you’ve had your seventh breakdown of the day you’ll be able to return to a quasi-calm state and continue meticulously highlighting irrelevant passages.

Post-library

Kygo- Ed Sheeran I See Fire (Kygo remix)

Everyone’s favourite Norwegian DJ’s mix up of everyone’s favourite non-Weasley ginger.

Just what is needed for when you return to your room at 2am after twelve straight hours at the library.

When you need cheering up

Better Together- Jack Johnson

You’re descending into a state of perpetual sadness about how you’re going to end up with a 2:2.

What better way to cheer you up than hearing an impossibly chirpy song about how much Jack loves his other half?

Wait, you’re single and this is making you feel even worse? Fucking hell, just listen to Pharrell you sad sack.

Cramming for History

Billy Joel- We Didn’t Start The Fire

Haven’t studied for your modern history exam? No problem! Just learn the lyrics to this song, which covers everything from Watergate to Disneyland.

Post-exams

Schoolboy Q- Man of the Year

You’ve pulled it off.

After next to no sleep and enough pro plus to kill a Bengal tiger you’ve managed to bullshit your way through a two hour paper on Marxist theory. This song has the perfect amount of swagger to reflect your feelings.

You really are (Wo)Man of the Year.