Image may contain: Fence, Worship, Temple, Shrine, Building, Architecture

The police are appealing for information related to the death of Olivia Burt

Durham Constabulary have opened an official investigation into Olivia’s death

Police have asked any members of the public who were in the queue to Missoula on the 7th of February 2018 to come forward with any evidence or footage of what happened.

Det. Sgt. Lindsay Banks-Brown, who is investigating the death of Olivia, said: "There were several hundred people in the area … we are particularly keen to speak with any individuals who were in the queue at the bottom entrance to Missoula and who saw what happened."

Image may contain: Electrical Device, Antenna

Lower level entrance to Missoula

Olivia, a fresher at University College, died last week from serious head injuries resulting from getting trapped under a barrier in the queue to Missoula's popular 'Game Over' Wednesday.

Durham Constabulary’s Major Crime Team said: “This was a tragic incident and the whole focus of our investigation at this time is to find out exactly what happened to Olivia. We are appealing for witnesses to come forward who were outside of Missoula at the time Olivia tragically died."

Image may contain: Text

If you would like to speak to the Police please call 101 for Durham Constabulary, and quote Incident Reference DHM-07022018-0448 if you have any information which could be useful in the investigation.

Remember you can contact the University Counselling Service at 0191 334 2200; if you were affected by the incident in any way and are in need of support.