Image may contain: Human, Person, Housing, Condo, Apartment Building, Building, High Rise, Town, Urban, City

These are the rejected names for Senate House and they are absolutely classic

‘The Hugh Brady Centre For Mental Health Recovery’ didn’t seem appropriate

With the ever-growing popularity of Building McBuilding Face, it seems like the opportunity for Bristol students to rename Senate House is a pressing issue on campus.

A consultation with Bristol students has led to 210 names being suggested, of which 7 per cent were removed from the list.

Without further a do, here's a list of some of your suggestions which were rejected:

Hugh Brady Thunderdome: Rejected because it is the name of a current member of staff.

Amazingly, this submission was rejected, you’d think the Vice Chancellor would jump at a chance to get SOMETHING named after him.

The Hugh Brady Centre For Mental Health Recovery: Rejected because it could cause offense.

Probably not the best way to advertise Bristol to future students.

Gucci Gang House: Rejected because of its brand name.

Most likely submitted by a flare wearing ‘gap yah’ type who was confused with the idea of renaming Wills.

Birmingham Student Union: Rejected because of its brand name.

Whether this was submitted by an infiltrating Birmingham student or not will probably never been known, but it’s a safe best to say that Bristol is the superior holder of the UoB title.

Gromit House: Rejected because of its brand name.

Bristol has a close association with Aardman Animations, the makers of Wallace and Gromit — after all, they are based less than a mile from the University.

Factory Training for a Useless Future and Close-Minded Industrialisation with Concentration Camps: Rejected because it may cause offense.

There are no words for this rather bleak outlook on students futures, and it's safe to say that no one appreciates your anti-Semitic joke.

Cover Image: Google Maps