Image may contain: Grass, Plant, Apartment Building, Bench, Furniture, Urban, City, High Rise, Town, Housing, Condo, Building

A Bristol student in Badock has died

Students were emailed about the student death this afternoon

A student in Badock Hall has passed away, The Bristol Tab can confirm.

Students were informed about the death in an email sent by the Head of Residential Life (North) this afternoon.

The deceased student was studying at Bristol on an international foundation program.

When addressing the student death, a University spokesperson said: “We are very sad to confirm that a student studying on the international foundation program at the University of Bristol has tragically died.

"We are offering support to his family, and we ask that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time.

“The police are conducting an investigation and the cause of death will be for the coroner to determine.

“An experience like this affects us all at the deepest level, and we are doing our best to help and provide support to all students and staff who have been affected by this event.

"We encourage any members of our community who are affected by this tragic news to contact University wellbeing services for help, as well as seeking support from their own friends or family.”

If you are experiencing any mental health issues or high levels of stress, help is readily available for those that need it.

A list of wellbeing services available to Bristol students can be found here, as well as the Samaritans' helpline.