Bristol named one of the most beautiful universities in Britain

Makes up for the Oxbridge rejection

Bristol has just been named one of the top 14 most beautiful universities to visit in the UK.

That's according to a list drawn up by Holiday Lettings earlier this month in which UoB was named alongside other big names like Royal Holloway, Keele and the University of Oxford.

B E A Utiful

B E A Utiful

One of the main factors why Bristol’s beauty shone through was the city’s diverse green spaces. Holiday Lettings were particularly impressed with the Royal Fort gardens in the university, which have even won a Green Flag award.

The city’s diverse modern and heritage architecture was also a deciding factor. Bristol’s Gothic architecture was complimented by Holiday Lettings, as well as the eighteenth-century buildings and gardens Clifton Hill House and Goldney.

Even Wills got a shout out huzzah

Even Wills got a shout out huzzah

The description of Bristol additionally mentions the Wills Hall quadrangle in Stoke Bishop, as well as other areas in Clifton such as the Botanic Garden – a must see for visitors and students.

Whilst obvious to all who attend here, it seems like Bristol’s beauty is finally getting the national recognition it deserves.

Whether people are on the hunt for diverse architecture, extraordinary student accommodation, or day trips to some of the most beautiful parks in the country, Bristol truly is the place to be.