Donovan Coming To Donervan?

UPDATED: Internet hoax claims Donovan can’t wait to eat a Donervan kebab

UPDATE: News of JD’s visit to the kebab van has caused wide-spread excitement across Bristol. However, the city is now littered with ‘Too Many Broken Hearts’ as the story appears to have been a hoax. This must be how Kylie Minogue felt.

Aussie soap star Jason Donovan has revealed he will be making a pilgrimage to student favourite Jason Donervan when he comes to Bristol later this year.

The former Neighbours star is set to reprise the title role in the touring production of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert which visits the Hippodrome this April. In an interview with Bristol Culture, Donovan revealed he took the role so he would have a chance to visit his kebab-making namesake.

Jason Donervan: yet to duet with Kylie

“I understand that the good burgers of Jason Donervan have become something of an institution. It is an honour and a privilege to be associated with the van and I cannot wait to order a generous portion of shish kebab.”

Donovan, who broke into musicals with the title role in Joseph And His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, has been looking forward to this visit for quite some time.

“After a trip to Po Na Na and a few too many Woo Woos, if I’m a bit unsteady on my feet while eating the kebab I might also spill its contents down my coat. That would make it a coat of many colours. Geddit? A coat of many colours!”

Jason points out his order…
Photo: Andrew Hurley

Unfortunately for students, Jason’s stay in Bristol will fall during the Easter holidays meaning an early return to uni will be the only way most people will get a chance to glimpse the ‘Especially For You’ singer working his way through a Donervan chicken burger.