Vaccination centre on UoB campus opens tomorrow

The centre is offering first and second doses of PfizerBioNtech

The University of Birmingham has announced that a vaccination centre will be open for local students this Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The centre is open to all students who live locally (not just UoB), and is open from 8am-6pm all three days, and is located in a white marquee just outside the main library.

UoB students can book for Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th here, and Thursday is walk-ins only. For other students, the centre is operating as a walk-in.

They will be offering the PfizerBioNtech vaccine for first and second doses if eligible. The minimum period between the first and second dose is 8 weeks.

Any student over the age of 18 is eligible, including international students for free of charge. If you have tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 28 days you must wait until after the 28 days is up. Bookings for this vaccine can be found here.

When attending, the University advises that you wear a face covering, show your booking and student ID, and have your NHS number to hand.

There will be no parking available, so walking or public transport is advised.