Meet the Birmingham graduate DJ on the frontline of the NHS

He’s launched the NHSessions on his Instagram during the coronavirus outbreak

DJ Bodalia, an award-winning DJ and former UoB student, has launched NHSessions on his Instagram during the coronavirus outbreak.

The virtual DJ sessions aim to showcase different artists to boost the spirits of those in isolation and celebrate the work of frontline NHS workers.

Kishan Bodalia is a junior doctor, and wears his NHS hospital scrubs when performing his DJ sessions in his kitchen.

With the UK officially on lockdown for five weeks, Bodalia told The Birmingham Tab that he is “trying to spread good vibes and lift everyone up.”

Bodalia, has been working in A&E and in a respiratory ward for the last few months. He graduated from the university last year.

He told The Birmingham Tab: “I was actually one of the headline acts booked for Gradball last year, was insane. Gutted that final years can’t enjoy it this year!” So are we Bodalia, so are we.

The sessions so far have included other artists such as Ellie Sax (resident Ibiza saxophonist) and Jayli (Hedkandi Radio).

Bodalia has also teased future artists set to feature on NHSessions, including BBC Radio 1XTRA’s Jeremiah Asiamah. This comes after he featured on BBC Radio 1 a few days ago, with Radio 1 host Charlie Hedges thanking Bodalia for his work on the NHS frontline. Bodalia then selected Kayne West’s ‘Stronger’ as a song to be played on air – a classic choice in anyone’s book.

The NHSessions have also been noticed by celebrities, including Wayne Lineker, the younger brother of Gary Lineker, and Ibiza Beach Club owner. He recently posted about the NHSessions to his 390K followers on Instagram, asking them to “please share and support our NHS frontline workers and spread the Ibiza love.”

This isn’t the first time Bodalia has been recognised for his DJ talents. In 2016 Bodalia, was awarded with the Prime Minister’s ‘Points of Light award’ from former Prime Minister David Cameron for his voluntary work in co-founding the student-led New Street Records Label.

To check out the rest of Bodalia’s NHSessions, see his Instagram here