Aber florist is hiding flowers around campus for you to find

They’re attached with the message: ‘I’m all alone and looking for a new home’

Florist and owner of No. 21 Flowers in Aber Alex Hales is hiding “Lonely Bouquets” of flowers around town to make people’s days that little bit better.

Inspired by the Instagram movement “The Lonely Bouquet”, Hales started leaving bouquets in different spots around campus, town, and the seafront for strangers to find.

He told Wales Online: “It’s just a nice feeling to do something kind for a stranger and hope that you’ve added something positive to their day.

“We just go for a walk and find somewhere that’s not too obvious, and make sure we go back later to check that it’s been found by someone”.

The florist and his team pick bus stops, statues, monuments and entrances to parks and attach a little note to each bouquet reading: “Adopt me, please. I’m all alone and looking for a new home.”

Sometimes they even leave the flowers at the hospital entrance or on campus – places where people need some cheering up on a regular basis.

Hale experienced several people contacting him after finding the nice present who were overwhelmed, happy and thankful after receiving such heart-warming gesture.

He added: “It’s always really nice to hear back and know that you’ve helped to cheer someone up.

“Last year we left a bouquet at a bus stop near the university and later received an eimal from the woman who collected it. She said she’d had the most awful morning and everything had gone wrong, then she found the bouquet and it completely turned her day around.”

The selfless gesture is possible because he sometimes has some leftover flowers that haven’t been used.

The florist says “it’s a no brainer to give them away to someone who deserves them.”