Free tickets and Prosecco to those turned down at Blackhouse

People with Platinum wristbands were wrongly turned away

At yesterday’s Blackhouse event, one of the biggest events in Aber, bouncers turned away people at the doors when they tried to enter showing their £120 platinum wristbands.

The Blackhouse team is now making amends, apologising for the inconvenience and offering free tickets and drinks for those who got turned away.

We spoke to the main organiser of Blackhouse, Kirk Holland, to find out what went wrong and what amends they are making to those turned away from the party.

They probably scratch in their spare time as well

Kirk Holland told us exclusively: “There was a little mix up with the door – I don’t think the door staff who were working the beginning of the night were aware of the platinum bands as they don’t usually work at the Union.

“I think the door staff thought as we’re an independent night they wouldn’t work but to my knowledge the bands give access to all SU events and we agreed with the union that they would work in advance.

“We got tagged in a comment about it around 10pm and had a word with the Union and they sorted it. I think about 10 people got turned away. We offered free drinks as an apology from our end.”

no house this weekend

He added: “We also sorted out some free Prosecco for about six people who dropped us a message and came back and they were really happy.

Good news for anyone that got turned down by the door staff. Blackhouse is also offering free tickets to their next show if anyone gets in touch about being refused entry to the party.

Holland says: “Its only fair. We used to be students after all. And our roots are a student event.”

Overall, the organisers are happy with the event. “Most people with platinum bands got in ok. Other then that though it was a great night!”