New 30 minute bus service to run from town to Llanbadarn campus

Finally

Studying at Aber has its downsides, especially if you are attending lectures at Llanbadarn campus at the other end of town. But a new bus service has been installed to make student life easier.

Starting on 16th February 2016, a new bus service will link Aber’s town centre, Waunfawr and Llanbadarn campus every 30 minutes.

Last semester, students have been asked to provide feedback on campus facilities, transportation and student satisfaction.

The accumulated feedback led the bus operators to re-think their timetables.

Pack away your walking boots

The democratic, student-led change means that the new 305 Mid Wales Travel Bus will be combined with the 301 service to provide for a more regular and improved transportation service to the campus on the outskirts of Aber.

Third year Business Management Becky hailed the introduction, saying: “If I wanted to get to campus before my lectures with enough time to print off lecture slides or get a coffee I would have to get the bus an hour early which is a pain, so I think the new service is very useful.”

During term time, Monday – Friday, the 305 and 301 services will circulate between the town centre and Llanbadarn every half hour. The 305 bus will leave the bus stop outside CK’s at half past the hour from 10:00 to 17:00 and the 301 at 10 to the hour from 8:00 to 19:00.