Azealia Banks Lil Nas X beef

Lil Nas X and Azealia Banks are beefing on Twitter after she said ‘he fell off so hard’

Lil Nas X says he still loves her music but Azealia Banks is having none of it

If there is one person in the music world who is renowned for her spats as much as she is her talent, it is none other than Azealia Banks. You just need to have one little scroll of her Wikipedia page to see the extent of the Azealia Banks beef legacy – and the gamut runs from the likes of Lana Del Rey to Zayn Malik. The latest feud Azealia Banks is having very publicly on her Twitter is with Lil Nas X, and the two have had a heated spat overnight – here’s all you need to know about the beef.

In a seemingly random dragging last night, Azealia Banks began the beef by saying Lil Nas X “really fell off so hard”. She claimed he has “no bars”. The comment comes in the wake of Lil Nas X initially scoring a lot of commercial success with his breakthrough music that he hasn’t managed to replicate over the past few years since.

In a now deleted tweet, Lil Nas X responded saying “Azealia I could never make a hit song again and you would still never in your bussy soap selling, chicken sacrificing botched body hating ass miserable life reach a 10th of my success. Love your music by the way.” Lil Nas X holds the record for the longest running number one single on the Billboard chart after his 2019 single Old Town Road stayed at the top spot for 19 weeks. He also saw huge success with his follow up singles from his debut album MONTERO, with Montero (Call Me By Your Name) and INDUSTRY BABY with Jack Harlow being huge hits in 2021.

After deleting this initial response, Lil Nas X followed up by sending love to Azealia Banks amid the beef. Writing on his Instagram story after sharing a song from her mixtape Fantasia, Lil Nas X said “Sending you love Azealia. Wishing you nothing but guidance and clarity. I want you to chase your dreams. Get on your sh*t. It’s the best time period in music for your art to thrive. I don’t care what you say about me. I wanna see you win and shine your light. You can drop this internet bully act at any time.”

How did Azealia Banks take this? Err, not very well at all.

In a hefty response, Azealia Banks clapped back in a series of tweets where she makes it clear she isn’t letting the Lil Nas X beef slide so easily. “Where, are, your, bars… we are not going to use patronisation to circumvent the topic here. The topic is that you cannot f*cking rap son. @LilNasX. You’re a terrible lyricist with pedestrian musical sensibilities. We need to come to a consensus on where your talent is. Fine, we can agree that your a little piece of eye candy for these desperate old white homos in fashion… but where is your music bitch?” Yikes.

Lil Nas X has not yet responded to Azealia’s latest tirade at the time of publishing. It’s a weird twist though, in 2022 Azealia Banks tweeted about how she’d love to collaborate with him!

For more like this plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook

Omg, Stevie Nicks told Katy Perry to ‘get off the internet’ and stop beefing with everyone

Dated to plain disrespectful: The Katy Perry songs that have aged the worst

Orlando Bloom caught looking *very* awkward while Katy Perry danced erotically at the VMAs