love is blind alex tim

Alex from Love Is Blind finally exposes the chaotic argument with Tim on their holiday

‘The whole conversation we had that day didn’t give off breakup’

Amidst all the drama of Love Is Blind, Alex and Tim’s huge argument on their retreat caused a turning point in their relationship they never came back from. On their honeymoon, the cameras missed out on a massive fight between the two that affected the rest of their time on the show, which didn’t last very long. Since their breakup episode was released on Wednesday, Alex has spoken about what really went down on the eventful holiday that changed everything between them.

Their eventful trip to Mexico began very peacefully, but took a turn when their argument went down. The fight wasn’t filmed (or at least, wasn’t aired) and Tim and Alex refused to explain what it was really about on the show. However, Alex told Elite Daily that the incident started when she wanted some alone time, but Tim wanted to spend more time together.

via Netflix

“I was just trying to wind down, decompress, and wanted some space. And unfortunately, we had two different understandings of what that looks like,” she said. “He wanted to know more of what was going on, and I didn’t want to answer any questions until the next day. I just wanted to go to bed.” I guess her serial napper allegations ring true.

We do know that Tim was upset when Alex put her hand over his mouth during the argument. But, she explained she did that so others in the hotel wouldn’t hear their voices being raised. “The hand-over-the-mouth situation was me trying to de-escalate so we didn’t have any outsiders drawn into the tension that was happening between us,” Alex pressed.

While they tried to bring it back in the co-habitation period of the show, it seemed like a few little things pushed Tim right over the point of no return. He was upset that Alex took a nap while his parents were coming over, despite entertaining them for four hours already.

“I think it was totally exaggerated,” Alex complained. “He liked taking naps, too. That was our thing. We loved taking naps. We would even have nap dates. So for him to end it over a nap, I was like, ‘What?’ It kind of felt like an excuse. It didn’t really make sense.”

She said that she would “never end a relationship over a nap or a text” and would have understood more if he’d just explained that they were “not on the same page or we are just not as compatible.”

love is blind alex tim

via Netflix

Alex also described his dramatic speech before leaving as “intense” and “shocking” because she “would never say that to someone” unless she “truly hated them.” She said it felt like Tim had “a lot of hate” for her.

She explained that the breakup felt incredibly out of the blue. “I had no idea that was going to happen,” she said. “We actually had plans to go out that night. When I walked into a breakup, I was taken aback because the whole conversation we had that day didn’t give off breakup.”

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.