tim love is blind alex

Tim from Love Is Blind addresses Alex on Instagram and reveals where they stand now

‘I offer you no apology’

This season of Love Is Blind has brought drama in leaps and bounds, and I’m seriously considering whether a single couple will make it to the altar. Tim, who was engaged to Alex on the show, has posted a large statement on Instagram following what happened between the two in the last couple of episodes of Love Is Blind. Warning, spoilers ahead!

Tim and Alex called it quits in a very blunt and dramatic ending. Tim basically called Alex out for being messy and taking a nap when his parents came over. With that, he told her “I never want to see you again,” and walked out of the room. The two also attended the 1920s themed party but didn’t appear to speak to each other.

Since the last two episodes aired, Tim has posted a statement on his Instagram explaining why he made the decision to leave so abruptly.

In the post, he defended his decision to leave Alex: “When love, authenticity and respect are consistently met with lack of effort, constant antagonising and a lack of respect for your physical and mental space, it must be met with firm and unmistakable terms.”

He warned viewers that there is “much left out from our story,” implying there was more the viewers didn’t see. He continued: “I am far from a perfect person. I make mistakes and fall short of glory as often as others. I don’t expect everyone to love or agree with what I have to say, but I have to display an amount of respect for myself and my family if it is not given by others.”

Reflecting back on the show, he felt that he’d “never argued with someone with the same amount of consistency I did as with this experience. Many of which I did my best to keep off camera.” After the arguments became too much, he removed himself from the “toxic situation” where he felt he was “being manipulated and given no serious effort from my partner.” Ouch!

He also claimed that the double standards he faced would have meant “our story would be entirely different,” and called out a “lack of accountability and sincere self-reflection” assumably from his partner.

love is blind tim alex

via Netflix

Despite his scathing exit from Love Is Blind, Tim offered “no apology” to all the hate he received, and affirmed that “to frame me as an angry or controlling person is a projection of all the stereotypes I have had to work against because of who I was born into this world as.”

He closed the post by saying “Do the work. Be better. Grow. Movie in peace but always be willing to defend yourself and the ones you love.”

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.