All the damning evidence Selling Sunset season eight was the most staged yet

From errors and fake conversations to agents without licenses, this season has been very questionable

I’m sorry to bring bad news: But it looks as though season eight was the most staged Selling Sunset has ever been. There have always been clouds over how authentic the show actually is, but with the most recent episodes, I’m starting to question if Netflix is even trying to make it look real anymore.

There were editing errors, conversations that were apparently re-filmed for the show, and a load of drama that was seemingly bulked up for the benefit of the cameras.

Here’s a rundown of all the evidence season eight of Selling Sunset on Netflix was staged.

Chelsea literally said her conversation with Bre was ‘set up’ and ‘orchestrated’

On Selling Sunset, it looked as though Bre found out about claims Chelsea’s husband Jeff Lazkani had been cheating on her, and then went to a bar with Chelsea to tell her everything. However, it’s since been confirmed by Chelsea that she knew about the rumours regarding Jeff before the conversation with Bre, and that she had asked Selling Sunset production to set up their chat to air everything.

In a series of tweets, Chelsea said: “Outside of filming Amanda contacted Bre about ‘tea’ – while filming, Bre orchestrated a fake call during her showing which ‘led to a sit down scene with Amanda’ …in other words: She set this scene up with production, already knowing said tea to bring it to TV.

“I hear what is swirling while filming, and I ask production to set up a scene with Bre. I did this so she could tell me directly, so that it’s not past around to a trillion people before me. Hope this helps!”

And the entire cast apparently knew about the cheating allegations before they were brought up on Selling Sunset

Evidence Selling Sunset season eight was staged

via Netflix

Despite it being made to look to us like the cheating allegations made against Chelsea’s former husband Jeff Lazkani were the most shocking thing ever, it’s since been revealed the whole cast knew about the rumours before filming.

In an interview with Cosmopolitan, Bre revealed: “They were all very aware of this scene before it happened. They were aware of everything that was going on.

“A lot of people say that our show is scripted and it truly is not. But when it came to such a sensitive subject, I wasn’t gonna blindside [Chelsea], so I made that very clear. If you really watch it, and you really pay attention, you see many times that I said, ‘Y’all knew, you guys all knew this.’ So make me the bad guy all you want, but I’m just telling you what I heard.”

She also clarified in a TikTok comment when someone asked her: “Real question is did Bre know what tea Amanda would have spilled on camera before agreeing to meet with her and film?” Bre responded: “Yep and I called the girls and told them BEFORE the lunch and none of them asked me not to, just to tell me how it goes.”

Bre also did another interview, this time with ET, where she claimed everyone found out about the news in December and then just pretended to have never heard about it when Selling Sunset filming started in March.

It doesn’t even look as though Alanna is a real agent

via Netflix

Season eight of Selling Sunset saw Alanna join the cast of agents, which at first felt like a breath of fresh air, but might actually be more of a reason why the show is staged.

Alanna is being called a “producer plant” and the main reason this is being said is because she doesn’t appear on The Oppenheim Group’s official website, nor does she seem to have a real estate license on public record. Mysterious?

There were back to back editing errors in one of the most pivotal conversations

There were a bunch of back-to-back editing errors during a major chat in Selling Sunset season eight, and now everything I know is a lie. A conversation between Bre Tiesi and Amanda Lynn kick-started all of the cheating allegation drama, but it’s now clear the catch-up wasn’t at all what it seemed.

via Netflix

In the scene, Bre and Amanda headed out for coffee, with Amanda saying she had some pretty damning gossip to share. But, there were a whole load of editing errors one after another as the scene played out, which prove the conversation that actually happened between the two girls was completely different to how we saw it as viewers.

When Bre and Amanda first sat down, there was clearly a woman on the table behind Bre, having a drink. But, during the conversation that was shown to us viewers as being continuous over a five minute period, the woman on the table appeared and disappeared five whole times. FIVE. Getting up and leaving your table and coming back again once a minute? That simply didn’t happen.

via Netflix

Either the conversation has been severely chopped up and moved around, so pretty much everything in the chat is out of context, or huge chucks of the chat has been cut out – which means we probably missed more texts, more context, and more drama. Or tbh, knowing how dodgy the editing has been on Selling Sunset in the past, it’s probably both.

Amanza’s real estate license has expired

It’s been confirmed that Amanza made a grand total of $0 in commission during season eight of Selling Sunset, but that might be because she doesn’t actually have a valid real estate license. It turns out her license expired in March 2024. Awkward.

Chelsea said *that* skort is ‘diabolical’ and she only wore it for the cameras

via Netflix

There was big drama this season when Chelsea attended a brokers’ open in a skort which Mary deemed “inappropriate” in length. At the time, Chelsea argued nobody was going to tell her what to wear, but she said she would “tone her outfit down” if that was what was required for her at work.

However now in an interview, Chelsea has said she didn’t even like the “diabolical” skort, and said she only dressed like that because the Selling Sunset cameras were rolling.

Speaking on This Morning, Chelsea was asked: “Is the fashion in the office as flamboyant when the cameras stop rolling?” She replied: “Absolutely not. Absolutely not. I’m saving that skort for my four-year-old daughter when the cameras stop rolling. Why would I wear something as diabolical as that?”

She also admitted the skort was too short, and was really revealing. “My tush was out, guys, my tush was out.”

Is anything on this show real?

Selling Sunset is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.