We asked an expert just how much Botox the cast of Selling Sunset have really had

‘They have frozen their faces completely’

Following the most recent season of Selling Sunset, the talk of how much Botox the cast members have had is bigger than ever. The agents aren’t exactly shy in admitting they’ve had work done before, and I’ll never forget the “Burgers and Botox” party they threw a few seasons ago.

However, there was one scene during season eight that got everyone talking. Jason and Mary found out the awful news that their 18-year-old dog Niko was severely unwell, and they didn’t have long left with him. It was heartbreaking, but many observed that when reacting to the terrible news, Jason and Mary’s faces were pretty distracting. That being because: They didn’t move.

“I can’t get over how heartbreaking this scene is and yet because of the sheer amount of Botox if you mute the video it looks like they’re laughing,” one person on Twitter said, sharing the clip. The Twitter posts has had over two million views, and opened up a whole bunch of people discussing cosmetic work on the show.

So, I asked an expert for exactly what work and Botox they think the Selling Sunset cast members have had, to finally get to the bottom of it.

Piroska Cavell, aesthetic nurse and founder of Clinic Sese, told The Tab Mary and Jason appear to have had a lot of work done, and have “frozen their faces completely” which is why people are struggling to read their true emotions during sad moments in the show.

“Whilst I can’t say exactly what treatments they have had, they look as if they have had very intense toxin which has frozen their faces completely,” Piroska told The Tab. “The problem with this is that 90 cent of communication is non-verbal. With this intensity of toxin, it is tough for other humans to pick up on the normal tiny almost imperceptible non-verbal cues.”

In the video, she said “it looks like they’re laughing” because the muscles of communication and expression “literally can not move.” She added: “This lack of expression makes emotional connection and communication extremely challenging. This makes communication with others difficult.”

Concerning the rest of the cast, Piroska said “there appears to be a lot of dermal filler in cheeks, noses and lips giving what is now considered a quite dated aesthetic look. Very doll-like, uber smooth, high cheekbones and immobile features.”

Expert on who from Selling Sunset has had Botox

via Netflix

She said: “As a whole, the issue with too much dermal filler and toxin too frequently is that it can be ageing, as I think you can see with younger cast members. The more mature cast members, Amanza, Davina and Maya appear more subtly enhanced and a little more natural.”

She said her advice is to “keep it subtle, don’t start too young and don’t have dermal fillers too often. Make sure you dissolve and start again regularly. This will avoid a fake/false outdated doll look. The best work is always imperceptible. It is also important to state all of these people are naturally stunning anyway and I believe it is the practitioner’s responsibility to ensure they don’t over-treat patients even when those patients are celebrities.”

Out of the Selling Sunset cast members who have openly spoken about Botox, Bre has said she’s had it before, and Chelsea said she went to an appointment to have it before, but didn’t get it done. She did say in the future, she would be open to Botox. Mary was also seen getting Botox at the famous Burgers and Botox open house.

Selling Sunset is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.