‘I’ll never forgive him’: Joey Essex’s ex girlfriends spill about rocky past relationships

He’s giving brat summer but not in a good way

Some of ex flings, girlfriends and situationships of Joey Essex don’t necessarily have the kindest words to say about him and some are even not in contact with him at all anymore. In the Love Island 2024 villa, Joey has already caused massive chaos with Grace whom he dated before entering the villa. He’s worse than Sean in a sweet shop, picking girls that look exactly the same.

It must be so hard for the Essex reality star to find something that just sees him for who he truly is, due to the many short relationships he has had. Or maybe, he needs to actually start getting serious if he does want to settle down. I’m so excited for Casa Amor as he doesn’t look to be settling anytime soon. Side note, honestly I got confused as half of his exes look identical. So, here is what the ex girlfriends of Joey Essex have said about their relationships with him:

‘I’ll never forgive him for what he’s done’

via ITV2

One of the OG reality TV couples was Sam Fairers and Joey Essex who dated from 2011 to 2014, when they met on The Only Way Is Essex. A bit like Joey’s on screen relationship, this Essex duo’s tumultuous relationship was a big talking point and he even proposed to Sam on screen. The pair eventually ended, with one of the disputes leading up the split being after a holiday in Dubai.

Sam was showed photos of Joey snogging her childhood friend, which is not cool. Sam said to Now Magazine: “He honestly couldn’t have hurt me any more than he did when he kissed her. She’s a family friend I’ve known since I was seven. It took me about a week to get over that. I’ll never forgive him for what he’s done.”

‘He still is young at heart and he’s obviously single’

Another short fling Joey had on TOWIE was with Jess Wright and she spoke to The Sun about seeing him on Love Island: “I haven’t watched it, but I’ve obviously seen it all over social media. I think it’s great. I think Joey’s just so much fun. He might be, you know, 33 but he still is young at heart and he’s obviously single.” It is fair enough that he is single but that doesn’t mean he can act however he wants…

‘No, he hates me!’

via E4

To be in with a chance of dating Joey, it’s preferable that you love reality TV. The next ex who had something to say about him was Stephanie Pratt from Made in Chelsea. The pair dated for just a fleeting three months after they met on Celebs Go Dating series one. Speaking to OK! Magazine about whether the two were still in contact, Stephanie said: “No, he hates me! I have no idea why he dislikes me so much but he did In Bed With Jamie (Laing) and said some rude things about me. We broke up over the phone when I was in LA and I’ve not seen him since.” I hope no one ever matches this man on a dating app.

‘I wasn’t up for the whole playing pretend couple’

via ITV

I actually feel sorry for Amy Willerton who seemingly fell hard for Joey in the jungle in 2018. Her met her on I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! and the two were apparently going to be the next Katie Price and Peter Andre. However, things took a nasty turn when apparently Joey completely changed when the cameras stopped rolling.

Amy told The Sun: “In hindsight, if I’d been less naïve, then having some kind of relationship would have been good for my career. I didn’t want to play the game. I wasn’t up for the whole playing pretend couple, that was a bit too far for me.” Maybe she didn’t want Reem as their wedding song, who knows?

‘He would be angry and very closed’

Joey Essex ex girlfriends

via @joeyessex on Instagram

Brenda Santos, a Brazilian model, had a short five month affair with Joey about which she told The Sun: “He would be angry and very closed, but he wouldn’t tell me why he would be angry with me.”

She also said: ““Joey is very clever. He pretends to be silly, it’s his job.” The worst type of men are the ones who act completely differently, just be yourself.

‘He didn’t tell me it was a girl’

Joey Essex ex girlfriends

via @joeyessex on Instagram

Of course Rita Ora is involved somewhere, with ex Lorena Medina whom he met on Ex on the Beach seeing pictures of him leaving Rita Ora’s flat. Lorena said to The Sun: ““I knew Joey had spent the night out because I had talked to him when he was in the cab on the way back to Essex. He told me, ‘I had a crazy night and I stayed at my friend’s’ and that was fine. But he didn’t tell me it was a girl and he didn’t mention Rita Ora.”

‘I think he knew she was going in’

Joey Essex ex girlfriends

via ITV

Samantha who recently got savagely dumped from Love Island after Grace, his supposed ex girlfriend, entered the villa and stole his heart. Speaking to New she said: “Grace did come into the villa and say they got back speaking again in March, and at that time we were going through the process of the show.

“So, I don’t know… I would never say they were still together but in my personal opinion, I think he knew she was going in because her name was leaked. I just think that I was the girl for him at that moment, that’s how I feel.” I totally disagree with this as Samantha clearly didn’t stand a chance and it completely wasted her time in there, she’s moving onto better things already though.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.