All the Bridgerton friendships ranked by how much you’d want to be with besties with them

Because Austen-esque situationships aren’t the only highlight of the show

Bridgerton has its fair share of heart-wrenching relationships, tension and romance throughout the show. However, that’s not the only reason fans stick around to watch the show. The friendships in Bridgerton are impactful to its dearest gentle viewers and often carry more emotional baggage than love plotlines so it’s fair we do a ranking of them. People are more invested in Eloise and Penelope’s friendship than either of the Featherington sisters’ marriages, and that’s because Bridgerton knows how to build those companionships like nobody else.

The dynamics between friends best those of many of the romantic couples, and if you’ve read the books, you know that the friendship drama is only just beginning. Penelope and Eloise’s relationship has caused a bigger rift than any couple on the show, and impacted the entirety of season three so far. In that spirit, here is a definitive ranking of the best friendships in Bridgerton, based on how much you’d want to be besties with them.

8. Lady Danbury and Violet

Bridgerton friendships ranking

via Netflix

I know this comes at the bottom of the list, but Lady Danbury and Violet’s relationship is actually one of the most touching. The pair remain close throughout the entire show, even when the Bridgerton name is dragged through the mud in season two. They are close enough that Violet can open up about her *desires*, and not feel ashamed, although the talk is mostly in metaphor. I’d definitely want them both as my aunts!

7. Eloise and Cressida

Bridgerton friendships ranking

via Netflix

You may be surprised to see this on the list given Cressida’s heinous behaviour throughout the majority of the show, but I’ve actually enjoyed getting to know her deceiving character, which wouldn’t have been possible without her newfound friendship with Eloise. Fans finally get to see a softer, more intimate side to the character, as well as her strict parents and cold life at home. We begin to perceive her less as a villain, and more as a struggling young girl who desperately wants to make her parents proud. She also gives Eloise a new perspective on marriage and society which she hadn’t previously given the time of day. Maybe their friendship will bloom for the better – although, if you’ve read the books, you might take what I’ve just said with a pinch of salt. No spoilers here…

6. Anthony and Daphne

Bridgerton friendships ranking

via Netflix

Anthony and Daphne are such an underrated friendship; they quarrel like none other of the Bridgerton siblings, but they constantly have each other’s best interests at heart. They have such a unique way of bringing out the best in each other: Anthony is desperate to give Daphne a life of honour, protection and prosperity, and Daphne encourages him to listen to his heart instead of his head. They are so oldest brother/oldest sister trope and it couldn’t have been written any better in my opinion. Such a great sibling duo!

5. Colin and Penelope

Bridgerton friendships ranking

via Netflix

You may have expected this friendship pairing to be higher, as fans of the show are obsessed with their friendship-turned-relationship situation. However, after two seasons of Colin being completely oblivious to Penelope’s one-sided feelings, it’s safe to say that I have the ick. His character has seemed a little self-centred over the past few seasons, with Penelope always initiating the conversation, and the topics always relating to his travels. Also, has everyone forgotten what he said about Penelope at the end of season two?

On the other hand, they do have truly lovely moments, and after reading what Colin wrote about Penelope in his diary, I think it’s safe to say that I’ll forgive his icks for now.

4. Benedict and Eloise

Bridgerton friendships ranking

via Netflix

Out of all the Bridgerton sibling duos, these two are my absolute favourite. They both share a common trait of having passions and hobbies outside of the social norm, and prefer to wander solo than conform to the rest of the ton. In season one episode two, the pair share a forbidden cigarette and admit to wanting more than the life society offers them. As second siblings, they do not face the pressure that was put upon Anthony and Daphne. The focus on their elder siblings allowed their passions to grow. Although they bonded over this, it can’t ignored that Eloise cannot be as free as Benedict is in her pursuits. This is made clear, especially in the hilarious season one “how does one come to be with child” scene, where Benedict tries to light-heartedly explain this to Eloise against the sad reality that women were left in the dark around matters of sex.

3. Kate and Edwina

Bridgerton friendships ranking

via Netflix

Perhaps the ton may disagree with me on this one, but I wholeheartedly believe that these two are the best sibling dynamic in the entire show, topping all of the Bridgerton pairings. As an oldest sister, the idea that somebody would put their chance of happiness aside to ensure yours is one of the most meaningful ways your sibling can show that they love you.

Kate may have made MANY mistakes, but she cared for Edwina her entire life, and ensured she had the best education growing up for the best chance of marriage. She stepped aside until she possibly couldn’t any longer, but once all was revealed at the end of season two, she recognised her faults, and begged for her sister’s forgiveness. Once Edwina was finally out of the dark, she took her own initiative, and chose to forgive her sister, just as Kate would have had the roles been reversed. Talk about sisterly love!

2. Queen Charlotte and Lady Danbury

via Netflix

If you’ve seen Queen Charlotte, I don’t even need to tell you how iconic this friendship is. Since Lady Danbury was appointed as Queen Charlotte’s lady in waiting, the two were an inseparable pairing. The Queen found trust in Lady Danbury as she struggles with her new status as royalty, and she found support from the Queen with her son’s title and position in society. While she recognises her subordinate position to the queen, the two are often captured chatting as equals.

1. Penelope and Eloise

via Netflix

They may currently be at odds, but there is no way that these two wouldn’t top the list as the best friendship in Bridgerton. We have spent two seasons adoring them together, despite Penelope’s huge secret hiding in the shadows. Despite the Queen’s accusation of Eloise being Lady Whistledown, Penelope tried her hardest to save her best friend from her royal clutches. Neither are perfect friends, but one of the best parts of the show is watching them both try to be better.

Their dynamic is unmatched; the classic loud and quiet friend duo is a perfect depiction of girlhood. I’m sat palms pressed to the sky waiting for their reconciliation at the end of season three.

Part one of Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.