Sharon and Louis

All Louis and Sharon’s iconic X Factor moments which prove they’re destined for CBB chaos

The rest of the house never stood a chance

Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh have been in the Celebrity Big Brother house a matter of days and already ITV bosses have been editing around their snarky jibes, removing them from the main show and shimmying them into a spinoff side segment called Late and Live.

Sharon has accused James Corden of “dropping names”, pretended to vomit when Ellen DeGeneres was mentioned, said Adele was “fake” and called Anna Wintour a c*nt— with Louis nodding in agreement.

It’s safe to say Louis and Sharon have imposed chaos upon the ITV reality series. But, after taking into consideration all of their hectic moments as judges on the X Factor, we really should have guessed that these two would be stirring up trouble on our TV screens once again. So, here are some of their wildest moments X-factor moments which foreshadowed the Celebrity Big Brother mayhem:

Dawn the jockey (AKA Sharon making an enemy of a door)

This iconic clip from the X Factor proves that no amount of singing practice, or (lack of) memorisation of Madonna’s lyrics, would have fully prepared X Factor hopeful Dawn for the madness that ensued in her audition.

As Dawn introduces herself to the judges, she reveals her occupation as a jockey. Once she clarifies that she’s the type of jockey that rides horses (and not the type of jockey that DJs at nightclubs), Louis dissolves into giggles, and Sharon becomes so hysterical with laughter that she smacks the table.

The chaos only intensifies as the audition progresses. After Dawn pulls out Madonna’s lyrics from her pocket and begins to deliver a rather quiet rendition of Madonna’s Cherish, Louis and Sharon are forced to leave the room by fellow judge Simon Cowell, as they are laughing so hysterically that Dawn’s bewildered rendition of Madonna cannot be heard over their laughter.

On their way out of the room, Sharon doesn’t look where she’s going, and ends up bumping into a door and falling into a mirror, resulting in both Sharon and Louis succumbing to tears of laughter.

Penelope’s Spanish rendition of ‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’

Another X Factor hopeful who could not have possibly prepared for the chaos that ensued in her audition (courtesy of Sharon and Louis) was a Spanish woman named Penelope.

Penelope, from Barcelona, came to her X Factor audition ready to perform Judy Garland’s Somewhere Over The Rainbow from The Wizard of Oz, with hopes of impressing the judges. However, once she started singing Dorothy’s wistful ballad from the iconic film with a very strong Spanish accent, Louis and Sharon burst into laughing fits, while a confused Simon is heard attempting to encourage Penelope to keep singing.

As the hilarious audition progresses, Sharon squeals with laughter, “I’m gonna pee myself in a minute”, while Simon reveals to Penelope that Spanish auditionees are few and far between on the British series of the X Factor, which might explain Louis and Sharon’s hysterical reaction to Penelope’s Spanish rendition of Judy Garland’s tearjerker.

The audition where Louis Walsh upsets a teenage girl and Sharon throws a drink on him

In this episode of the X Factor, Louis is shown channelling his inner Simon, harshly criticising various X Factor contestants, and reducing them to tears as their families embrace them outside of the audition room.

And sixteen-year-old performing arts student Charlotte’s audition proved to be no escape from Louis’s sharp tongue.

After young Charlotte’s shaky rendition of Whitney Houston’s power ballad One Moment In Time, Louis describes the teenager’s singing as “painful”. As the teenager dissolves into tears before the judges, Sharon puts a caring arm around her and guides the upset auditionee out of the room, declaring, “Don’t take this abuse because you don’t have to, missus.”.

Once the tearful teenager is out of the audition room, Sharon grows angry at Louis for crushing the sixteen-year-old’s dreams of singing stardom, confronting him with the plead, “She’s got a dream, Louis, and she’s sixteen”, as Louis proceeds to label the teenager “deluded”.

This results in Sharon throwing a drink over Louis, staining his shirt. Sharon then storms out of the room, complaining that her fellow judges are “getting too big for their boots, and I don’t like it”, while venturing beyond the confines of the audition room in search for the tearful teenager.

A similar water fight (this time between Louis and an angry auditionee)

Headstrong X Factor hopeful Debbie, who declares she had been singing from the age of six, took to the ITV show’s auditions to display her vocal talents to the judges. However, this didn’t exactly go to plan for Debbie, who didn’t quite hit the right note with the judges.

Debbie’s rendition of When You Believe, originally sung by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, didn’t impress the judging panel, particularly Louis and Sharon. Sharon informs Debbie that there’s “no star quality about her” and that she has no “charisma”, while Louis delivers a straight-to-the-point wake-up call (“Deborah, the reality is is that you’re not very good”), which infuriates the auditionee.

The audition descends into chaos, with Debbie declaring to Louis that she’s been a singer “since she was six years old”, and highlighting Louis’s apparent hypocrisy by pointing out Louis’s own apparent lack of vocal talent. Debbie then expresses a desire to “slap” the judge, and the audition results in a water fight, with Debbie and Louis throwing glasses of water over each other, before Debbie storms out.

Sharon refuses to vote to send home a contestant

In this episode of the X Factor, Sharon refuses to take her place on the judging panel and vote between two contestants, Kimberley and Alisha, who both face the bleak prospect of being sent home by the judges.

Before the judges vote, Sharon declares, “I’m leaving the show! I’m out! I’m gone!” as the crowd is heard yelling in the background, and a bewildered Dermot O’Leary awkwardly responds, “We’ll get to that in a minute, Sharon.”.

As each remaining judge votes for a contestant one-by-one, Sharon stands off to the side alone, refusing to participate in the judges’ voting that would eventually lead to Alisha advancing to the next round of the competition, and Kimberley being sent home.

Sharon Osbourne Louis Walsh

Credit: ITV

Taking into account all of their iconic X Factor moments, and the hectic energy that has ensued as a consequence of their entry into the Big Brother house, it’s safe to say that Louis and Sharon have made their mark on British reality television.

Their legacy as an iconic TV duo will never be forgotten as a result of these infamous moments, whether these moments are ones that have provoked laughter from the public, or alarm in the bosses at ITV.

We should’ve guessed that Louis and Sharon were going to stir up controversy on Celebrity Big Brother, just as they caused mayhem on X Factor. But it seems that we (and the bosses at ITV) weren’t quite prepared for *this* level of chaos.

Celebrity Big Brother continues tonight on ITV and ITV X. For all the latest reality TV news and more like this and for all the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.