The shocking real reason why Sara didn’t want Tim to see her phone during MAFS Australia

Only click if you’re happy to read some MAJOR spoilers for the show

Okay before we begin on the real reason why Sara didn’t let Tim see her phone during the confession week challenge I just want to iterate there will be MAJOR MAFS Australia spoilers, so please don’t read if you don’t want to know!

During the MAFS Australia challenge the couples are tasked with swapping phones and whilst Tim willingly gave his phone to Sara, she outright refused to let him see hers. This caused Tim to suspect that Sara was being unfaithful to him as he asked: “Maybe she’s chatting to other guys? It definitely raised some question marks.”

Why did Sara initially say she didn’t want Tim to see her phone on MAFS Australia?

Via Channel Nine

At the time Sara spoke to The Daily Mail revealing the reason she didn’t want to surrender her phone, but there’s a lot more to her explanation than meets the eye. She said: “We’ve known each other two weeks, would you hand over your phone to a stranger? I feel like it’s a personal thing, you could say, it’s a bit of a diary. It’s not that I was hiding anything, I wasn’t talking to any other guys.

She didn’t want to ‘risk their relationship’

“It was more just like the pure principle that, you know, the phone’s a private thing, I’ve known this guy a week, I don’t really see the need to do so. I didn’t want to risk our relationship by having the producers get involved in any way. All of these tasks, I know, were meant to rock the boat. They were meant to kind of stir sh*t up.

“It wasn’t really a task to make you trust the person. It was more to kind of start drama at this point. Tim and I had actually kind of been on good terms and, and being hopeful for our future. So I didn’t really want to take the risk and rock the boat in any way.’

She didn’t feel like not giving Tim her phone would affect his trust in her

Via Channel Nine

Sara did acknowledge that Tim had been hurt by cheating before MAFS Australia: “Yeah, well fair enough like it was shown that he was cheated on multiple times with his ex, and he says that he has trust issues. I think it’s normal to have those trust issues, but I don’t think his trust issues with me had anything to do with me and more to do with his past – handing him my phone wasn’t going to change whether he trusted me or not.”

But in reality, she was actually messaging her ex-boyfriend and had slept with him just weeks before the experiment started

Via Channel Nine

Yep, so despite Sara saying nothing fishy was going on with her phone and messages, something very fishy was actually going on. In a future dinner party episode Eden reveals to Tim that Sara confided her in that she had told Tim she was meeting up with a friend for a birthday party when in reality she was meeting up with her ex.

Sara later explained in an interview that things between her and the ex are “very amicable” with the two having the “same group of friends.” She did admit that the two had been hooking up just a few weeks before MAFS started.

And so it turns out the real reason, why Sara didn’t want to show Tim her phone, was because there were messages to one of her exes’, alongside messages to MAFS Australia Eden confiding in what she did.

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip on Sara and Tim, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.