Super Bowl Taylor Swift

Swifties are throwing Super Bowl viewing parties and the level of effort has the internet scared

In my football era

Taylor Swift is undeniably at the peak of her career – selling out stadiums with her record-smashing Eras Tour and creating intrigue with every move she makes as fans scramble to decode the elusive clues surrounding her re-recordings. And in case you’ve been living under a rock, she also has a new man on the scene – Travis Kelce, tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs and all-round golden retriever boyfriend.

This Saturday, Americans across the country will be glued to their screens as he competes in the annual Super Bowl – a sacred event in the American calendar, marked by platters of the finest football grub and a half-time performance which will inevitably be memed in the weeks that follow.

Swifties, however, have put their own spin on things – much to the dismay of the “dads, Brads and Chads” Taylor called out in her TIME article. Copious amounts of beer and buffalo wings have been banished in favour of eras themed cupcakes and friendship bracelet adorned cocktails.

“Karma is the guy on the chiefs” has replaced any traditional football chant, and Usher’s halftime show exiled in favour of The Eras Tour movie. One TikTok user announced that she will be tuned in solely to see the grainy shots of Taylor in the suite which are sure to be peppered throughout the broadcast, whilst others have admitted to memorising snippets of football knowledge from Travis and Jason Kelce’s podcast, New Heights.

Overall, it seems like Swiftie mania is very much here to stay. When sixteen-year-old Taylor put the lyric “In your life you’ll do things / greater than dating the boy on the football team” on her debut album, nobody could have predicted just how much that would come to mean.

So, in case you’re curious, here are all of the most extra Swifty Super Bowl parties we’ve seen on TikTok so far:

@kristinnicolemiller_

Channeling our inner Taylor Swift for this Chiefs-themed party🏈 Let’s go taylors boyfriend!!!! All of these Amazon party finds are in my Amazon strefront under “Taylor swift Super Bowl” ❤️Now who yall got!? #chiefskingdom #superbowlparty #taylorswiftinspired #amazonfinds #gamedayready #partyideas #superbowlpartyfood #partyfood #taylorswift #traviskelce #superbowl #biggame #setup

♬ original sound – Kristin | mom of 2

@athomewithshannon

SUPER BOWL Party TAYLOR SWIFT STYLE! ⭐️🏈 Every Super Bowl party this year needs a Swiftie Photo Booth!! GO TAYLORS BOYFRIEND!! We made these fun props for it and it was so easy!! we are so excited for the Super Bowl this year!! Having Taylor there is just making it that much more fun – shes amazing, the Chiefs are amazing and this is going to be such a fun Sunday!! You know I had to go big for my family and you guys they are so excited now too!! This is such a fun memory to make with your family you have to do it!! My kids told me that this is their favorite holiday and I have to agree!! SwiftieBowl definitely is a holiday in our house so have fun guys- decorate and STAY TUNED – I have more ideas headed your way. XOXO love you . #chiefskingdom #chiefs #swiftie #taylorswift #taylorswiftsuperbowl #swiftiebowl #swiftiesuperbowl Superbowl

♬ original sound – Shannon Doherty MOM Hacks