Squid Game season two release date announced by Netflix

Finally! Netflix has given us a first look at Squid Game season two coming THIS YEAR

I am SO excited

After what feels like a lifetime of waiting, Netflix has finally given us a first look at Squid Game season two, and revealed it will be coming later this year Today, Netflix is revealing a number of shows that are coming out in 2024, and the next instalment of Squid Game was among those being shared.

Off the back of Squid Game becoming the biggest show in Netflix history, it was quickly renewed for a second season. Then, Netflix created Squid Game: The Challenge, where real life people battled for the huge $4.56million prize fund – minus the dying part, of course.

Sharing a first look at the second season of dramatised version of Squid Game, Netflix said: “Introducing the very first look at SQUID GAME SEASON TWO. Coming this year.”

The teaser shows a now red-headed Gi-Hun walking through an airport, saying “I will find you” to an anonymous caller. It’s all very dramatic.

When the show was first renewed, Squid Game creator Hwang Dong-hyuk teased: “So I will promise you this…Gi-Hun will come back, and he will do something for the world.” A previous cast announcment from Netflix echoed this, and also confirmed Lee Byung-hun will be back as The Frontman, Wi Ha-jun will be back as Hwang Jun-ho and there will be some new, mysterious players for the games.

On top of that, Squid Game: The Challenge has also been renewed for a second season. It’s not known when that will be released, but Netflix had been casting for people to take part just after the first episodes dropped.

So much to look forward to!

Squid Game season two will be available on Netflix in 2024. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.