excuse me brah

Right, where exactly does the ‘excuse me, brah’ TikTok sound come from?

‘You’re excused… and I’m not your BRAH’

I absolutely love it whenever a random film comes back into public awareness. Like, you’re telling me everyone’s talking about an averagely-rated movie from 2001, and spinning pure comedy gold out of it? It’s the power of TikTok.

Which is why, when everyone started making videos using the “excuse me, brah” sound, I wasn’t at all surprised. I genuinely can’t tell why it makes me giggle so much – whether it’s the emphasis on “brah”, the smouldering face you HAVE to make when you say it, or the perfectly-paired music in the background.

That being said – where exactly does the sound come from? And why has it become so popular?

‘Excuse me, brah’ is a line from Zoolander

@yoccm_a EXCUSE ME BRAHH… #zoolandermeme #original #aftereffects ♬ Excuse me BRUHH – Castro🇭🇹

11 years ago, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson starred in Zoolander; a film about two rival male models (Derek Zoolander and Hansel) and an assassination attempt. It’s about as wild as it sounds.

In a scene from the film, Derek and Hansel bump into each other, and the reception is frosty at best. Hansel says to Derek, “excuse me, brah” – to which Derek replies, “you’re excused. And I’m not your brah.”

TikTokers have been recreating the encounter using the sound, remixed with a version of Timbaland’s Give It To Me.

People are suddenly obsessed with Zoolander

For some reason, this isn’t the first time Zoolander has had a *moment* on TikTok. Another clip from the film, in which Derek gives Hansel the “Zoolander stare” while a song called Who Is She X The Perfect Girl plays has also made it into a meme.

@halfwayhouseheather Not me already thinking about how I will one up client b’s issues. #zoolander #therapy #therapist #mentalillness #mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #mentalhealthtiktoks #therapyhumor #therapysessions #therapycomedy #comedy #darkhumor #sober #addiction #addictionhumor #addictioncomedy #addictionrecoveryhumor #rehabtiktok #rehabtok #sobriety #sobrietytok #sobrietyjourney #soberliving #soberhumor #bpd #borderlinepersonalitydisorder #agoraphobia #adhd #adhdtiktok #fyp #fypシ ♬ Yotube AstroCapella – AstroCapella

For the latest TikTok trends, guides, viral filters and news,  follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.