TikTok has found the Love Actually deleted scenes we were robbed of these storylines

Erm…Sam was a professional acrobat??

Love Actually is one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time and TikTok has just discovered there are deleted scenes and storylines out there in the world. I could watch Love Actually on loop all day, every day, so knowing there’s more out there makes me feel so happy.

Here’s a rundown of all the storylines and scenes that were deleted or didn’t make the cut starting with the lesbian storyline:

There was a lesbian storyline that involved the school’s headteacher

This storyline is actually heartbreaking and one of the saddest ones in the film. Yes, sadder than Emma Thompson’s scene to Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides Now.

The headmistress of the school was played by Anne Reid. Love Actually filmed and planned to show an intimate scene with her and her terminally ill partner, Geraldine. The moment takes place at home where the two women laugh about Christmas food and curl up in bed together. It’s then later announced Geraldine dies before Christmas.

In DVD bonus footage, director Richard Curtis admits he was “really sorry” to lose this part of the film. The idea was “you just casually meet this very stern headmistress, but later on in the film we suddenly fell in with her and you realise that, no matter how unlikely it seems, any character you come across in life has their own complicated tale of love.”

Another scene was about a couple living in Kenya

The 2003 movie shows the lives and relationships of couples living in London but one couple were based all the way in Kenya. Grazia reported the plot originally featured a man and woman who had survived famine and the intention of emphasising the fact love is all around.

Erm, Sam was a professional acrobatic

This scene recently resurfaced showing our little Sam turning into a gymnast and it is high key jokes. Towards the end of the film, we see Sam sprinting through the airport on his way to declare his love for Joanna. In the deleted scene we see Sam showing off some serious acrobatic moves during his airport sprint. It turns out Sam was meant to be a promising gymnast as well as drummer and as he’s running away from the guards he backflips over a barrier. You can watch the deleted scene below but it’ll honestly leave you speechless.