Right, when is Spotify Wrapped 2022 coming and when does it stop tracking your music?

I’m desperate to know how much Phoebe Bridgers I’ve listened to

Spotify Wrapped 2022 is right around the corner, with the music app teasing users will soon be able to see their listening habits from the past year. Each year Spotify Wrapped provides users with how many hours they have been listening to artists and specific songs and oftens make you either really embarrassed or proud. But let’s be honest, no one is ever really looking forward to their Spotify Wrapped, but more so to judge other people’s.

Spotify tracks your listening habits year round, and it said to have stopped tracking users on Halloween 2022. However, Spotify has recently told its users to “keep listening”, which suggests it hasn’t stopped tracking. With Spotify Wrapped 2022 looming, when could it come out this year, and how does Spotify actually work out how much we listen to music on the app?

When is Spotify Wrapped 2022 coming out?

Spotify is expected to release it’s Wrapped feature in early December, similar to when it came out in previous years. In 2021, it was released in the first week of December, in 2020 it was released on December 2nd and in 2019 it was released on December 5th. Spotify Wrapped begins to track users’ listening habits from the beginning of January to the end of October. Giving a two month grace period to listen to every Glee soundtrack possible.

How does Spotify Wrapped work anyway?

According to a Reddit user, there are a number of different ways your listening habits are logged by Spotify. Users will need to listen to a song for more than 30 seconds for it to count in the Spotify song rankings. Your tops are calculated by the number of times it is played, rather than for long.

Your total listening time on Spotify also includes listening to podcasts, so if you fall asleep listening to Saving Grace, you’ve racked up some hefty listening minutes. Your top artists are also calculated by how many times their songs have been played rather than the total listening time.

How can I see my Spotify Wrapped 2022?

Spotify Wrapped 2022 isn’t available to view yet, but the website for it is up and running. If you click on the Spotify Wrapped 2022 website, you’ll be met with a screen that reads: “Wrapped is coming. The story of your year with Spotify. Wrapped is a deep dive into the music and podcasts that defined your 2022. Keep listening to what you love, and we’ll shout when it’s ready.”

When is Spotify Wrapped 2022