Love Is Blind’s Danielle says Nick’s ‘silencing’ her and using ‘extreme measures to take me down’

She says he wants to go on another reality show, and is claiming she’s stopping him

Love Is Blind season two star Danielle Ruhl has slated her ex-husband in a post on Instagram, saying he’s “silencing” her and “taking extreme measures to take me down”. In August this year, just over a year after they got married, it was announced Danielle had filed for a divorce, and since then their split has been getting even more messy.

In this newest Instagram post, Danielle has said Nick is trying to “take her down” and “control the narrative” because he wants to go on another reality TV show. She has accused him of making false statements in interviews, and has said he is trying to “get attention” in the media.

Danielle and Nick from Love Is Blind

via Instagram @dnellruhl

“I need to say this because Nick is taking extreme measures to take me down, silence me, and control the narrative,” the post reads. “He had intended to go on another reality show and blames me for potentially being unable to. I have been warned by his team that this could get messy and certain things of mine will be at stake or taken if I block him on social media.”

She continues: “He is proactively going to outlets to make false statements. But on top of that, there have been tactics that Nick is taking to control the narrative, outside of just money, and emailed me blaming me for potentially ruining his chances of going on another show. I didn’t know he was applying and contacted people to ensure it didn’t ruin his chances.”

Danielle goes on to say Nick is “trying to get media attention” because he “blames me for the divorce”, which she says she filed for because it was in her best interests. “He said he was hoping the entire time he’d get a director deal,” she says.

“He can continue to try and silence me, or continue to punish me for doing what was in my best interest,” she adds. “But I hope people realise he was enjoying the negative commentary and is trying to continue to make it the story line.”

In the caption for the post, Danielle said a lot is going on with her and Nick in the media, but “the worst is happening behind the scenes.”

Earlier this week, Danielle spoke to E! News about her split from Nick and claimed: “There has been no accountability from his side. I wanted to make sure that it was noted that it takes two, but unfortunately, with every interview, he is putting all of the blame on me and this isn’t new. This was something he did the entire relationship.”

Speaking to People Magazine earlier this week, Nick replied and said: “It’s hurtful to hear these comments. It’s disappointing that Danielle chooses to make false claims and defamatory comments about me and our relationship. It’s especially hurtful because she knows firsthand how difficult being in the public eye is.

“As I have stated before, I implemented a boundary to not engage in communication with Danielle for my own mental health because I did not feel like our communication was trustworthy or yielding positive outcomes.”

Also since the divorce, Nick has appeared on a podcast to discuss the split, and Danielle called him out for “chatting shit” about her and other cast members. “Like, I don’t want this to be some sort of bloodbath. God damn,” she said.

The Tab has reached out to Nick’s representatives for comment. 

Three seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.