Nick and Danielle’s divorce is getting messy and she’s calling him out for ‘talking sh*t’

‘I don’t want this to be some sort of bloodbath’ 😬

Just over a year after they made their marriage official on Love Is Blind, it was announced Danielle Ruhl and Nick Thompson are getting a divorce. And now, it’s looking like what they at first described as an amicable and civil breakup, is getting a little bit messy.

Yesterday, it was reported Danielle had finally given some sort of reasoning behind their split, saying them getting divorced is fundamentally down to them not being a good match. “It really did come down to just personality compatibility differences,” she said. She added they “were very amicable and civil at first” but admitted “the divorce process added even more stress and it’s tough on both of us.”

Since then, Nick has appeared on a podcast to discuss the divorce, and Danielle has called him out for gossiping about her and planning Instagram Lives to talk about the girls from the show. It’s said the aim of the “Conversations” podcast was to spill the tea about his ex-wife and their Love Is Blind friends – which Danielle, obviously, hasn’t taken too well to.

In an Instagram story post, Danielle said: “The only reason I reposted that [on my story] is because I was told by one of our mutual friends that Nick was planning on doing an Instagram Live to talk shit about me and all the other girls, like Natalie and Iyanna. And like, do you want me to do the same thing? Like, I don’t want this to be some sort of bloodbath. God, damn!”

Nick and Danielle from Love Is Blind on Netflix

via Instagram @dnellruhl

What she’s referring to about reposting on her story is part of Nick’s Instagram story, where he had been asked by fans who from his series of Love Is Blind would be the first to die if they were in Scream. People had been speculating he’d chose Danielle, with everything going on.

Speaking of Nick’s Instagram, Danielle added: “That came as a shock to me when I was told it. Granted, I was also told that he was drunk when he decided to do that, and we all make drunk mistakes.” She said she is “upset” by his posting and noted that he’d previously been worried the other Love Is Blind girls might “hate him” because of their divorce, something he actively didn’t want to happen.

Danielle had previously said their decision to divorce had been “tough” and it was something they took their time to decide upon. “When we decided to separate, it was a mutual decision,” she said. “We talked about it [and it] wasn’t just a spur-of-the-moment thing, even though it seems like that. We tried really hard, and again, we were just like, ‘You know what? I think it is in our best interest and I need to get out of the what if mode because hindsight’s 20/20.’ It’s tough.”

Nick added: “The last few weeks have been especially challenging for me. Like many of us going through a loss or life-altering event, we experience cycles of grief while we navigate our emotions. Everyone perceives and experiences grief differently when a relationship ends, let alone the loss of a marriage in the public eye.”

Both seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.