Lauren Speed-Hamilton has been slating this season of Love Is Blind, calling it ‘forced’

She said the cast this season is ‘slim pickings’ 😬

Season one of Love Is Blind will go down in history as being when the show introduced us to Lauren and Cameron. They are the blueprint for the show, and widely seen as the best example of how the show works, and why we are all so invested in the process. But, with the new episodes having landed on Netflix, Lauren has taken to Twitter to share exactly what she thinks – and it isn’t great.

She’s called out the cast for not liking each other as much as they make out they do, and also called out Netflix for “cutting” Black women from the show. In one tweet, Lauren said: “I don’t like how LIB be cutting all the black women. How come they are always in the trailer but not the show… 👀”. 

She went on to say the cast this year was “slim pickings” and said if Netflix is going to “force” entertainment upon us, it could at least choose better people. She suggested couples this year are only staying in the process because they want to be on the show, not because they actually want a relationship with their partner.

“I know it’s slim pickings but about 85 per cent of them couples be forced (just moving forward for entertainment purposes) anyway,” she said. “Y’all could at least force some more sisters to move forward throughout the show.”

When a follower then asked her more about how the show chooses what makes it into the final cut and what doesn’t, Lauren said Netflix chooses what it believes is most entertaining, which often means a lot of cast members are hardly shown. Each season, there are thirty people in the full cast – but there are only, on average, around five proposals we see moving forward.

“It’s couples that get engaged that aren’t even shown sometimes,” Lauren said. “I think they only show what they deem most entertaining.” When someone else asked what happens to cast members who don’t continue in the show, Lauren said: “Yea lol send em home and stop filming them.”

In season one of the show, two couples got engaged and we didn’t see it, and in season two, a further two proposals didn’t make it into the final edit.

Yikes.

The Tab has approached Netflix for comment. 

Season three of Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.