grandmother Jeffrey Dahmer

Meet Catherine Dahmer, Jeffrey Dahmer’s grandmother who didn’t know he was a serial killer

Jeffrey Dahmer murdered three people in his grandmother’s basement

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story on Netflix shows how the cannibal and serial killer murdered seventeen men, three of them being under the same roof as his grandmother. The new show dropped a couple of days ago and it takes us through Dahmer’s crimes from 1978 and 1991 that went undetected for well over a decade.

Jeffrey Dahmer killed teenage boys and men, the majority of them of racial minority groups and who identified as homosexual. For three of these murders Jeffrey Dahmer was living with his grandmother in her house but where is she now and how much did she actually know about her grandson’s crimes? Here’s everything we know about the grandmother of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Jeffrey Dahmer lived with his grandmother when killing three of his victims

She reportedly didn’t know much about the violent acting being committed in her basement either. Jeffrey Dahmer was eventually kicked out by his grandmother in 1990, just one year before he was caught and roughly nine years of living together under her roof.

The address of Jeffrey Dahmer’s grandmother’s home is 2357 S. 57th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. After Jeffrey was discharged from the military in 1981, he returned to Ohio to live with his dad and stepmother. During this time he drank very heavily and got arrested for being drunk and disorderly.

Jeffrey Dahmer was then sent to live with his grandmother in Wisconsin after his arrest. Whilst living with his grandmother, Catherine Dahmer, Jeffrey went to church and helped her around the house. However Dahmer was arrested two further times, once in 1982 for indecent exposure and again in 1986 after being caught masturbating in front of two boys. In 1998, Catherin Dahmer told Jeffrey to move out but he returned months later to commit crimes in her basement. He officially moved out in 1990.

Did his grandmother know what was going on?

Catherin Dahmer continued to say she didn’t know what was going on in her home. Equally in the new Ryan Murphy Netflix series, it’s very much shown that way too. She often doesn’t know what the smell is and believes her grandson when he says it’s things like his taxidermy.

Where is Jeffrey Dahmer’s grandmother now?

Jeffrey Dahmer did not kill his grandmother, she reportedly died on Christmas Day 1992 at the age of 88. Her cause of death is unknown.

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story is now streaming on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.