TV shows cancelled Queen's death

All the TV shows that have been postponed after the Queen’s death

Gogglebox will still be airing tonight

Yesterday, Buckingham Palace announced the death of Queen Elizabeth II, aged 96. Following the Queen’s death, the entire country has entered a period of national mourning starting today and lasting 10 days until her Majesty’s funeral. This means that everyday life, including TV schedules, will be disrupted as the country mourns the Queen’s death.

The BBC and ITV have suspended all their regular programming indefinitely meaning that the normal shows broadcast on these channels have been cancelled and replaced by footage paying tribute to the Queen. Whilst Channel 4 have confirmed that the new season of Gogglebox will still be airing tonight, a lot of places have followed the lead of BBC and ITV and postponed or cancelled shows. Here are all the TV shows that have been postponed due to the Queen’s death:

BBC iPlayer

BBC iPlayer has also been affected by scheduling changes in light of the Queen’s death. The season finale of Drag Race Canada season three has not been uploaded to BBC iPlayer this morning as scheduled due to the Queen’s death. This is due to BBC regulations with the channel not set to release any comedy for two weeks.

Strictly Come Dancing

via BBC

Strictly Come Dancing was set to return for its 20th season with a launch show on 17th September. This, however, will be just two days before Queen Elizabeth’s funeral and therefore the start of this year’s series will be postponed. It is unclear when the scheduling of the show will resume as normal.

Drag Race UK

Season four of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK is another show set to return on 22nd October. However, due to the BBCs regulations on the airing of comedy shows, the premiere of the show is set to be postponed.

The Great British Bake Off

Via Channel 4

Bake Off season 13 was also due to air on Channel 4 on Tuesday 13th September. This falls within the official mourning period for the Queen and therefore will be postponed. It is unclear when the show will resume but it is expected to air in the following week.

The Crown

aia Netflix

The Crown, a popular drama based on the Royal Family, has paused filming this week due to the Queen’s death. Peter Morgan, the creator of the show, released the following statement about series six: “The Crown is a love letter to (the Queen) and I’ve nothing to add, for now, just silence and respect. I expect we will stop filming out of respect, as well.” As far as we know, series five will still be available to stream on Netflix from November.

Other shows that have been cancelled

All soaps have also taken off air including Coronation Street, Eastenders and Emmerdale after the BBC and ITV suspended all regular programming. This Morning, Loose Women and The One show have all also been taken off the air. Many sporting fixtures including all Premier League football games have also been cancelled.

Featured image via YouTube and Netflix.