April Banbury Married at First Sight UK

Who is April Banbury? The former Miss GB winner causing a stir on Married at First Sight UK

She’s already been on two reality shows before!

Married at First Sight UK hasn’t even been back a full week and the drama is neverending. Fans have had their jaws firmly on the ground following the cheating scandal between April Banbury and her husband George Roberts. MAFS fans saw George rage as April kissed another woman during a game of dares while the two were on their honeymoon. Despite this, everyone can’t seem to stop talking about April and who she is. From starring on reality TV shows and being the daughter of an Olympian, April’s life is pretty cool. Here is everything we know about April Banbury from Married at First Sight UK:

April is a 32-year-old dress designer

April is a dress designer from Hampshire but currently lives in London. According to her Linkedin, she is a fashion designer at April Banbury Designs who gives clients a “unique experience creating bespoke garment specifically tailored to them.” She has even created pieces for celebrities. April is also the daughter of Ian Banbury who represented Great Britain in the 1976 Olympic Games.

April is a former Ms Great Britain

In 2020, April was crowned the first ever Ms Great Britain in the women over 28 category. April spoke to Daily Mail about her win, and she said: “My grandmother taught my dad how to be a champion, and in turn they passed their knowledge on to me. They gave me invaluable lessons told me believe in myself and never give up on my dreams.” 2020 was not the first time April gave it a shot at being crowned Ms GB. In 2014 and 2016, she finished first runner-up in the finals.

She has already been on two reality TV shows before MAFS UK

In November 2020, April starred on The Cabins where she shared a log cabin with model Ryan Darvill, but things clearly didn’t work out. The ITV2 show wasn’t her first stint as back in 2011, she starred on Channel 5’s The Bachelor. She placed third in the show while she competed for the love of Gavin Henson.