Fans react to Barbie Ferreira

Euphoria fans are ‘devastated’ as Barbie Ferreira won’t be returning for season three

‘Barbie Ferreira deserved better’

Euphoria’s Barbie Ferreira has announced she will not be returning to the HBO show for season three. Barbie played Katherine (Kat) Hernandez on the hit series, but in an Instagram story, she announced to her 6.2 million followers she was having to say “a very teary eyed goodbye” to her character. The news has thrown Euphoria fans into madness and they have said she “deserves better”.

Announcing the news on social media, Barbie said: “After four years of getting to embody the most special and enigmatic character Kat, I’m having to say a very teary eyed goodbye. I hope many of you could see yourself in her like I did and that she brought you joy to see her journey into the character she is today. I put all my care and love into her and I hope you guys could feel it. I love you Katherine Hernandez.”

via Instagram @barbieferreira

Fans have shared on social media their upset over the news, with some calling it “devastating” and saying that Barbie “deserved better”. Kat was a fan favourite on the show, and in season two fans began to realise she didn’t have much screen time as she did in season one and didn’t have as big as a storyline as the other characters. While some fans have been trying to work out the reason why Barbie isn’t returning, many have been expressing their sadness on social media.

One user on Twitter said: “I’m sorry but Kat is one of the best characters of Euphoria. Barbie Ferreira deserved better.” Facts to be be honest.

Another user said: “What? Barbie Ferreira leaving Euphoria. No, even if Kat was so annoying this season, I wanted to see her more.”

Some fans weren’t all too surprised with the news. “Kind of had a feeling Barbie Ferreira wasn’t coming back for Euphoria when Sam had her say two words the entirety of season two,” one wrote.

Another fan said: “Kat went from having a whole episode about her to four lines in Euphoria season two like baby I knew something was coming.”

Now Barbie is leaving, there is much to think about where season three will lead, especially with the insane season two finale. One fan said: “Kat is now gone, Nate’s still alive, Rue isn’t ever going to sell those drugs like she was supposed to. Ashtray is dead, Fez is in jail and Cassie is a loser. The vision for Euphoria’s third season is just so…”