Here are all the Clearing contact numbers for Russell Group unis in one handy place

Have your phone at the ready

Clearing can be incredibly stressful. Tomorrow morning, the Clearing hotlines will open and suddenly tens of thousands of students with identical grades will be calling these Russell Group uni’s phone numbers. If you want to be one of the successful students to get a place onto a competitive Clearing course, you need to have a plan in place.

Firstly, if you’ve got your heart set on going to a Russell Group university, take a look at our complete list of all the Russell Group unis currently offering places through Clearing.

Once you know what is available and have a backup plan in place so that if you don’t get the grades you are hoping for, you know what you want to do through Clearing, it’s all about being alert on your phone. You need to pick up your results as soon as possible so that you can be on the phone to your first choice university as early as possible.

All the Russell Group unis taking part in Clearing have dedicated hotlines for you to call to deal with admission queries. Remember to have your UCAS Personal ID number close to hand and your exam results in front of you.

University of Birmingham

Birmingham Uni hasn’t announced yet the phone number to call on its website however the university did tell The Tab, it would open from 8:15am tomorrow. You can see all the current information about Clearing at Birmingham here as well as registering for a Clearing alert from the university here.

Cardiff University

You can call Cardiff’s Clearing enquiry centre on 0333 241 2800. The enquiry centre opens tomorrow morning at 8am and closes at 8pm. It will be open on Friday from 7am.

University of Exeter

Exeter has a number of methods to contact them on results day. You can call the admissions team on 0300 555 6060. The lines will be open from 8am and close at 8pm. You can also contact the university through an online live chat function or send an email to [email protected].

University of Glasgow

To contact Glasgow on results day, you can call the Clearing number on 0141 330 2999, or you can see the courses they have available and apply through their website here. As Scottish Higher results came out last week, Glasgow does not have many courses left available through Clearing.

King’s College London

King’s Clearing hotline opens on results day at 8am. You can call it on 020 3858 1050. The fifth highest ranked university in the UK has a number of courses still available and are sure to be in high demand so make sure you contact the admissions team early.

University of Leeds

Leeds’ phonelines open slightly later than other universities. You can call it on 0370 126 0606 from 8:30am on results day.

University of Liverpool

Since Monday, Liverpool has removed all its available courses from the UCAS Clearing website. It’s not clear if some of these courses will become available on results day or if they are all now full. The university hasn’t published a Clearing phone number online, however the undergraduate admissions phone number is 0151 794 5927.

University of Manchester

Manchester’s clearing enquiry hotline will be open until Monday. However, the most important day to call is results day when it is open from 8am to 5:30pm and can be reached on 0161 672 8770.

Newcastle University

Newcastle’s website says you can speak to its “friendly Clearing advisers” from 8am on 0800 073 5050. You can also contact the admissions team via the live chat function on their website.

University of Nottingham

Nottingham’s Clearing hotline opens at 9am on results day and will be open until 4:30pm. You can call the admissions team on 0330 041 5590. Their Clearing hotline is open Monday to Friday so you should also be able to call on Friday if needed.

Queen Mary, University of London

The Clearing contact number is currently under embargo and will be announced on results day. It will open at 8am so make sure you check back on the uni’s website here. In a tweet from results day in 2020, the university warned there may be delays when contacting it due to the high number of students calling.

University of Southampton

Southampton’s admissions team will be answering calls from 9am on results day. The hotline is open Monday to Friday and can be reached on 0238 059 4732

University of Warwick

Warwick’s website says its main Clearing hotline is now closed. However there are still dozens of courses available through the UCAS Clearing website. The university does say its dedicated teachers hotline will be open on results day and can be reached on 0247 657 5152. It does not specify the time at which this will open.

University of York

York’s hotline opens on results day from 8am. You can call the admissions team on 0190 423 4868. The hotline is open until 6pm on results day and then will open again on Friday from 8am as well.

Are you starting uni this year? Follow us on Instagram @thetab_ for all your uni’s gossip, news and top memes 

• These are the Russell Group unis that are currently offering courses through Clearing

From laptops to £3,000 in cash, these are the universities giving out freebies to freshers

Here are all the freebies you can get on A-Level Results Day 2022

Featured image via Wes Hicks on Unsplash and Shutterstock / ironbell