Love Island Winners Ranked

From Jess to Molly: All 22 winners of Love Island definitively ranked from worst to best

Ekin-Su is god tier

The winners of Love Island are a strange bunch – mostly because they’re hardly ever particularly in love. The odds of them staying together are slim, and the couple that usually take the victory are more often than not the favourites of the Fiat 500 girlies rather than the spicier couple that’s given us the best telly for the past few months. We think a lot about the winners of Love Island as a couple or a unit even when they are no more a duo. Hell, some of them no longer even speak to each other! With that said, here is my definitive and petty ranking of all the Love Island winners – ranked by however the bloody hell I see fit. Let’s go.

22. Sammy Root

Never has a winner been carried so far to victory than Sammy winning with Jess. We love Jess, but we do not love the man who said about 10 times he wasn’t attracted to her. Give me strength! I should be looking at Lochan’s face, NOT HIS. I’ll never know peace.

21. Max Morley

In the immortal words of Keke Palmer: “I hate to say it, I hope I don’t sound ridiculous, I don’t know who this man is. He could be walking down the street and I wouldn’t know a thing. Sorry to this man.”

20. Jess Hayes

I wish Jess Hayes all the best, but she suffers from being the winner of a Love Island series pre-hype. And she can’t compete with the heavy hitting icons that were yet to come.

19. Finn Tapp

The less said about the most snoozefest, flop season of Love Island on earth the better to be honest.

18. Paige Turley

Exactly the same as above, but with a more endearing Scottish accent.

17. Amber Davies

The best thing about Amber Davis was that rumour that she the child actress who played Roxy Wellard on Tracy Beaker grown up. The fact it wasn’t true did not serve her well when getting the Love Island winners ranked, I’m afraid.

16. Greg O’Shea

A bit of a nemesis for not being the best to queen Amber Gill, but I do like that he’s an agent of chaos for somehow managing to come in the final week and winning 25 grand over the likes of Tommy Fury and Molly-Mae.

15. Tom Clare

Not the worst boy on earth but definitely the most spiceless. Just no flair, no vigour, no drama. Most exciting thing he ever did was launch his pink denim jacket into the abyss.

14. Jack Fincham

I liked that when Jack was on Love Island he was doing it for the normal blokes who didn’t really give a shit about being influencers or having the most shredded body you’ve ever seen. Just a nice friendly fella who you might see in your local pub. I’m glad him and Dani are still on good terms and I think it’s so sound of him that he’s gone back to working on a building site.

13. Nathan Massey

The first season of Love Island I ever watched – and both Nathan and Cara are great examples of when couples from this show make it all the way. They’re ranked at the halfway point when it comes to Love Island winners because following the show they’ve just sort of chilled out and got on with life as a couple but I will always remember how genuine they seemed on the show.

12. Cara De La Hoyde-Massey

Just a lovely, down to earth normal gal living her best life who found the love of her life. Honest, fair and fun. Immaculate vibes – I’m so glad Nathan and Cara are just thriving together. If they were on a later season I think they’d be even more beloved.

11. Dani Dyer

Love Island winners ranked

The actual child of Danny Dyer yew fackin mag! Dani Dyer had the Cara effect – a down to earth girl who never came in with the ego that she was the child of a man we all know the name of. Just a joy to watch, and an early fave from the start.

10. Liam Reardon

Do not be lured in by this innocent face and charming facade. This is the face of pure, Casa Amor, evil. We will not forgive. We will not forget! Nah, he was evil but we have softened. I’ve seen a lot of TikTok’s about how cute Liam is and it’s made me warm up to him a lot. Time’s a healer, baby!

9. Millie Court

Love Island winners ranked

Millie Court came in as a bombshell and was just quietly brilliant. She didn’t storm in and steal the season, she just made her name quietly by being a nice person and the best dressed in the villa by far that year. Her flaw? Liam pigging Reardon. Her legacy? Playing the piano in the talent show. It was a cultural reset.

8. Kem Cetinay

Love island winners ranked

The real winners of Kem’s season of Love Island and the true great romantic tale of that era was his friendship with Chris. Name a more iconic duo. I will wait.

7. Jess Harding

I’m having to take my annoyance of Jess and Sammy winning it all over Lochan and Whitney here, and just rank Jess on her personal merit. What a lovely, great Islander – heart of gold, a great pal to people and a down to earth person you looked forward to seeing on your telly every night.

6. Molly Smith

I didn’t really care who won Love Island All Stars, but at least it went to someone who was a nice girly. Not invested in her romance in any way, shape or form but she’s mature, likeable and sharp than most of the bores on this year’s season so – I’m happy for her.

5. Sanam Harrinanan

An angel on this earth – and the first Casa introductee to ever win the show! A great achievement and perhaps proof that there’s still legs in that tired twist after all. Her and Kai have become the first couple ever to feel truly deserving of their money, being a social worker and a teacher respectively.

4. Kai Fagan

When Kai shouted ‘KIM!’ at a girl absolutely and irrevocably not called Kim, the world stopped and he won the show.

3. Amber Gill

Love Island winners ranked

Taking the Love Island winners ranked bronze medal is Amber Gill – who was such a lovely gal she managed to win the whole show with Greg who she’d literally been with for about a week. Since the show, she’s just proven to everyone that we all made the right decision by consistently being outspoken on the show and providing good commentary and hot takes. So much personality, which is what winners should be bursting with.

2. Davide Sanclimenti

Love Island winners ranked

Did someone order an Italian icon? I think they bloody did! Davide is arguably my favourite man to ever enter Love Island, mostly because he has absolutely no clue how hilarious he is. So many quotes. “LYER, ACTRESS, GO THE FUCK OUT!”, “That was my line Natasha”, “He sucked the tit of the Coco” … All wows. And the fact he is in the heart of God-Su? The power of that couple is unmatched.

1. Ekin-Su, AKA Mother-Su, AKA God-Su

Love Island winners ranked

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook. 

Related stories recommended by this author:

• Jacques and Luca make shady digs and mock other Islanders on an Instagram live

• Yet again, Black Islanders are treated poorly but it’s their bullies who are protected

• Love Island’s Summer and Josh have split amid all the Coco and reunion show drama