Beyoncé renaissance leak

‘I’ve never seen anything like it’: Beyoncé responds to the Renaissance leak

Someone released the audio files 36 hours early

Now that Renaissance is available all over the world, Beyoncé has posted a response to the people who leaked it.

This is a rare move for the singer, given that she only ever seems to address drama in her songs. But – according to Variety -the tracks could be found all over the internet hours before the album’s actual release date.

Given that fans had a six-year wait for the new album, accidentally coming across it on Twitter must’ve been gutting. But, in a statement on Instagram, Beyoncé has now said she appreciates the people who waited.

Beyoncé renaissance leak

Photo via @beyonce on Instagram

“So, the album leaked,” she said. “And you all actually waited until the proper release time so you can all enjoy it together.”

Twitter was filled with reactions at midnight (29th July), with people in the UK and Europe finally getting to hear the album in full.

She continued: “I’ve never seen anything like it. I can’t thank y’all enough for your love and protection. I appreciate you for calling out anyone that was trying to sneak into the club early. It means the world to me.”

The singer ended the statement by saying: “Thank you for your unwavering support. Thank you for being patient. We are going to take our time and enjoy the music. I will continue to give my all and do my best to bring you joy. I love you deep.”

One person in the comments responded: “OF COURSE QUEEN!!!! Real fans are patient. Thank you for this album.”

Another said, “we love you queen, and we’re ready and waiting when you are.”