Master’s student spices up her graduation by doing the splits on stage and it’s iconic

Now THAT is how you graduate in style

One fashion student graduated in true style by dropping down into the splits live on stage.

Rosalba Mensah, 28, was graduating from London College of Fashion with an MA in Costume Design for Performance when she decided to spice up the process. Rosalba danced across the stage at the Royal Festival Hall – before dropping down into the splits in a move that sent the crowd wild.

“When I graduated from my BA, I danced for about a second, but I thought I could have done something more,” said Rosalba.

“So this time for my Master’s, I just went for it and did the splits!”

Apparently this was an impromptu move that she hadn’t practiced, so she was “relieved” to have pulled it off.

Your face when you graduate AND go TikTok famous (image via SWNS)

“The main thing in that moment going through my mind was trying to locate my Mum in the audience and see if she was getting it on camera!”, Rosalba said.

She added: “Afterwards I realised I could have broken my dress! Fortunately that didn’t happen!”

Rosalba was unprepared for just how popular the move would be – after being posted on TikTok the video has over 500,000 views. 

The video was originally filmed on the 14th of July and has been reposted by the University of Arts London TikTok. 

@unioftheartslondon

And the award for the most iconic graduation stage walk goes to… @lcflondon #graduation #ClassOf2022 #UALGrads

♬ original sound – unioftheartslondon

“I woke up the next day to messages from my friends saying I’d gone viral on TikTok and I couldn’t believe it.”

Now that she’s graduated with a 2:1, Rosalba hopes to continue pursuing a career in fashion as a film costume designer.

Rosalba added: “I’m actually the first one to get two degrees in my family.

“It’s a great feeling and I can’t wait to start working – maybe even have my own exhibition one day where people can see my costumes.”

Featured image via SWNS