viral sad filter TikTok

Here’s how to get the viral sad filter you keep seeing all over TikTok

It looks so natural x

Every other viral video on TikTok is someone with a sad filter on their face and people are losing their minds over it. There are so many viral filters on TikTok, like the crying eyes one that people used alongside the Tracy Beaker hay fever audio earlier this year. Now there’s a new popular crying filter that’s going around on the app but it’s not actually from TikTok. People are using it when filming others without telling them and they just looked distressed and sad. Some of the videos have been getting millions of views. Here’s everything we know about the sad filter on TikTok.

Here’s how you can get the viral sad filter on TikTok

Okay so we know it’s not TikTok’s own filter because it normally pops up on the bottom part of the screen saying you can use it. The sad viral filter is actually from Snapchat, not TikTok. Here’s how you can find it.

1. Open Snapchat

2. Open up filters by pressing the smiley face next to the record button

3. Press “explore”

4. Type “Crying” into the search bar

5. Select the filter called “Crying”

6. Use the record button to film your video and then save it so it downloads to your camera roll

7. Open TikTok and upload the recently saved video from your camera roll

And there you have it! Your own iconic crying video.

Here are some of the best videos using the viral sad filter on TikTok

@fablesinfocus This filter tho 😂😂😂 can I have a chip? #sadfilter #cryfilter #snapchatfilter #funny #fyp ♬ original sound – Fablesinfocus

@moontellthat This filter sent me over the Moon 😂 #couplestiktok #cryingfilter ♬ original sound – MOONTELLTHAT

@puwtok this filter is too good 🤣🤣🤣🤣 #cryingfilter ♬ original sound – phoebe gillett

@oliviachappell98 This filter 😂🥹 #fyp #cryingfilter ♬ original sound – Liv Chap

@elkanahsibanda She’s had my pants down here 🤣🤣🤣 #fyp #fypã‚· #foryou #foryoupage #xyzbca #uk #usa #crying #cryingfilter @hollyjameson_ ♬ original sound – Elkanah Sibanda

@levi.stone89 All getting a bit much for Jay ahead of todays Born Survivor event, bless her 🥺 #cryfilter #sadfilter #funny #funnyvideos #fyp #trending @Jade Stone ♬ original sound – Levi’s Life

@trotter1998 send help #cryingfilter #sadfilter ♬ original sound – Emily Trotter