All the Islanders who mysteriously quit the villa mid-series and their reasons why

Yes, Jake Cornish is now on this list twice

In most seasons of Love Island there has been a cast member who has decided to quit the villa during the show. Jake’s quit All Stars, Jacques walked out the 2022 villa, and there have been some seasons where up to three Islanders have abruptly called it quits.

But why did they all decide to leave the show and head back home? From protecting their mental health, to following the hearts – here is a rundown of every single Love Island cast member who decided to quit the villa, and the reasons they gave for leaving.

Jake Cornish – All Stars 2024

via ITV

Jake Cornish quit the All Stars villa just three days in, after he had been coupled by the public with his ex Liberty Poole. “After a few amazing days in the villa, I’ve made the decision to leave Love Island: All Stars as I’ve realised that now isn’t the right time for me to find love as I would never want to force a connection,” he said.

“I have no regrets whatsoever as I’m so glad I got to enjoy my time in the villa reuniting with some familiar faces as well finally getting an opportunity  to clear the air with Liberty. I wish her and all of the other Islanders the very best and will be cheering them all on from home.”

Jacques O’Neill – 2022

All the previous Love Island cast members who quit the villa and reason why Islanders left

via ITV

Jacques O’Neill quit the villa part way through the 2022 show. It was announced by ITV, saying: “Jacques has made the decision to leave the villa. He will explain his reasons to the Islanders during tonight’s episode. We fully support his decision and look forward to seeing what’s next for Jacques.”

Jacques had been seen in an argument with new bombshell, Adam Collard, after he had been told Adam had been “slagging him off”. Speaking to Paige in the garden, he said: “Has Adam been slagging me off? Who the fuck is he? He’s just another geezer who’s already been on the show. He’s fucking nothing mate.”

As he made the decision to leave, Jacques told fellow Islander Luca Bish he’d “rather get away from things before I get hurt.” He told Paige he couldn’t be the best version of himself in the villa, and added: “You mean so much to me, you know that. I’ve been trying to put a brave face on but things are getting to me.”

Liam Llewellyn – 2022

via ITV

When Liam was announced to have left the Love Island 2022 villa, it was reported he quit for personal reasons after a “life-changing” revelation. He later announced to his fellow Islanders that he hadn’t been feeling himself, so had made the decision to go home.

“Obviously we all came here for the same reason but I haven’t really been feeling I have been giving 100 per cent Liam,” he said. “I know what 100 per cent Liam looks like and I am miles off that. I’ve been thinking long and hard, this isn’t a spur of the moment thing. I have made the decision that I am going to leave the villa. It has been a breeze, and absolute ball.”

Liberty Poole and Jake Cornish – 2021

via ITV

Liberty and Jake were together from day one of Love Island 2021, and looked like they were set to win it throughout. However, just days before the final the pair split and decided it was best to leave the villa, and give the other couples who were still together a fair shot at winning.

Ollie Williams – 2020

via ITV

There was a lot of controversy surrounding Ollie Williams’ untimely exit from the Love Island 2020 villa. He arrived on day one and on day three said he was leaving because he was still in love with his ex, making his three day stint one of the shortest in Love Island history. He decided to leave the villa just as pictures of him posing with hunted animals emerged, and fans called for him to be banned from entering the show.

Amy Hart – 2019

via ITV

Amy Hart left the Love Island 2019 villa to prioritise her mental health. After Casa Amor, she found out her boyfriend Curtis Pritchard had his head turned, and she had planned to return to the villa and tell him she was in love with him.

Niall Aslam – 2018

via ITV

Niall was only in the villa for nine days before announcing he was leaving. On Instagram afterwards, he said: “For far too long I have suffered in silence and not acknowledged a massive fact about my life which going into the villa has led me to finally realise and accept.

“When I was a young child I was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, a fact that until this post has never shared outside of my close family. Growing up was extremely difficult for me and I often felt out of place. I always felt that people didn’t understand me, yet I was afraid to reveal my true scales as I did not want the label or stigma that was attached to it.”

Georgia Steel and Sam Bird – 2018

via ITV

Sorry, but Georgia and Sam leaving the villa together was nothing short of iconic. Georgia leaning back on the sofa at the Love Island Beach Club and telling “Caroline, babes” it was all too much for her is a moment of Love Island history. The pair were given an ultimatum, and told they weren’t able to couple up together. With that, they chose love and decided to quit the villa together.

Samira Mighty – 2018

via ITV

Up next to quit the cast of Love Island 2018 whilst the show was still going was Samira. She left for a very wholesome reason, following her heart when Frankie was dumped. Less than a month later, she dumped him following a series of cheating claims. Yikes.

Sophie Gradon – 2016

via ITV

Sophie was one of three Islanders who quit the show’s second series in 2016. Sophie was part of the show’s first ever same sex couple, but that didn’t really work out and she feared for her relationship with fellow Islander, Tom, afterwards. She told the rest of the Islanders: “Right, that’s it for me. I’m done. Yeah, I’m going to ask [if I can leave]. I cannot do this, it’s just too much of a mind-fuck. It’s not worth it. It’s not worth losing Tom over. I can’t lose Tom, I can’t.”

Rykard Jenkins – 2016

via ITV

Rykard’s journey was turbulent to say the least. He was coupled up with Rachel, and they seemed happy, until Rachel was dumped. Rykard spectacularly announced he was leaving with Rachel, before Caroline Flack told Rachel she thought the public might have voted her off because Rykard had slept with Olivia Buckland (now Olivia Bowen). It was DRAMA!

Zara Holland – 2016

via ITV

Zara Holland sadly left the 2016 villa after finding out that her mum had been taken ill. In a statement, she said: “I’m so sad to leave the villa but it’s important for me to get home and spend time with my mum while she gets better. I’ve had the time of my life on Love Island and would like to thank all of my fellow Islanders and the production team for all their support.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.