shaina love is blind squinting

Shaina just explained why she was always squinting on Love Is Blind

And no it’s not because she’s Donald Trump’s long lost cousin

Shaina Hurley has just explained why she was continually squinting throughout Love Is Blind season two.

Speaking on her Instagram Story Shaina said her contacts were to blame for the consistent squinting that produced thousands of memes.

She said: “I wear contacts, OK? I’ve been squinting ever since I can remember. I’m always getting yelled at, like, ‘Stop squinting! You’re going to get wrinkles.’ That’s why I probably have wrinkles.”

shaina love is blind squinting

via Netflix

Throughout season two of Love Is Blind Shaina was pictured squinting in many tense moments, particularly in the reunion and during her conversations with Shayne.

Shaina went onto say she has had numerous conversations with eye doctors about potentially having astigmatism. Astigmatism is a condition in which the eye is shaped more like a rugby ball than a football, therefore light is focused in more than one place in the eye. This can cause blurred vision, headaches and eyestrain.

However Shaina said doctors have said she doesn’t have this. On Instagram she said: “Every time I go to the eye doctor, they tell me that I don’t have an astigmatism. And I’m like, ‘I think I have an astigmatism, or my eyes are getting worse.’ And my contacts have been the same.”

via Netflix

Shaina ended her statement on her eyes with the classic joke that “I am blind, basically. Love is blind” as her prescription is “like -5.25.”

Ever since close up screenshots of Shaina squinting have gone viral there’s been plenty of memes comparing her to Donald Trump and Randall from Monster’s Inc.

These are just some of the best:

And now you know why she just couldn’t quit the squint.

All episodes of Love Is Blind season two are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.