tiktok audio why not

I can’t get it out of my head, so where is the TikTok ‘why not?’ audio from?

Ooooh, why not?

TikTok is responsible for about 99 per cent of the songs playing on a loop in my head. Just 30 second clips of viral songs constantly whirring about my brain. And the latest one, the “why not?” audio is addictive. It’s one of those songs I instantly recognise and yet cannot put my finger on the name or artist who created it.

The TikTok “why not?” hashtag currently has over 1.8 billion views and people are using the audio to hit back at situations you “shouldn’t do” but do anyway. Some of the biggest TikToks feature items such as “you can’t just skip class”, “you can’t sleep every time you have a problem in your life” and “you can’t poke your boyfriend’s bum every time you’re behind him on the stairs”.

@milenasvntos ♬ original sound – chrissvoiid2

In the TikToks people generally face the camera with a deadpan expression, the text about the thing they shouldn’t do is overlaid and the audio “need to get you alone oooh why not?” plays in the background.

So what song is the ‘why not?’ TikTok audio from? This is everything you need to know:

The “why not?” TikTok audio is from the song Unforgettable by French Montana featuring Swae Lee.

The lyrics which feature “why not?”, go like this: “Pretty little body, dancing like GoGo, aye/But you are unforgettable/ I need to get you alone/ Why not?”

The song first came out five years ago in 2017 and the music video now has over 1.3 billion views.

It was first added to TikTok during January earlier this year by a user @chrissvoiid who featured the audio as part of a TikTok talking about their favourite Euphoria characters.

Featured image credit before edits: Jason Leung/Unsplash